Is it fair to say the 'he looks shook' stuff is nonsense? (Cruz V Cody)

BoxingFan653

C-137
@Brown
Reaction score
It seemed unanimous to everyone including myself that Cody did look shaken mentally before this fight but unlike others I didnt believe it would have any effect on the fight. There were many that thought this fight was already over if Cody didnt land a miraculous punch becaue Dom had 'shaken Cody' before the fight.

I think the whole 'they look shook' stuff is BS. I see it from fans all the time about a fighter looking scared at the weigh ins or stare downs. It's just absolute nonsense. It only seemed to be relevant with the Rousey V Holm incident and we all know Rousey has demons.

Cody came in to the octagon and executed. No shook angry little boy in that performance.

it's always meant precisely squat. best example would be fedor, he looked 'shook' at every staredown and then came out like a machine.

It always is. Even if you get pissed off at a conference dont mean you cant perform in the cage. Every single main event has a bunch of kids in here saying both guys are shook,haha

USADA put so many bro-scientists out of business they all moved to bro-psychology.

Cody came in to the octagon and executed. No shook angry little boy in that performance.

Im not debating that I completely agree...but the consensus among fight fans if you read the posts here and on Youtube were that Cody is mentally defeated already and he looks shook. In all honesty he looked very mentally defeated prior to the fight but I knew it would have 0 effect on the real fight.

It just seems like since the Rousey V Holm weigh in people believe theres a correlation with the they look shook stuff and the fight itself.

Im not debating that I completely agree...but the consensus among fight fans if you read the posts here and on Youtube were that Cody is mentally defeated already and he looks shook. In all honesty he looked very mentally defeated prior to the fight but I knew it would have 0 effect on the real fight.

It just seems like since the Rousey V Holm weigh in people believe theres a correlation with the they look shook stuff and the fight itself.
Every Conor fight as well. Both guys are shook! hahah

there's always that feeling when you're about to whoop somebody's ass or get your own ass whooped.

I never thought he acted shook, but he did seem to lose his shit every time he and Cruz got into verbal exchanges.

But he kept cool as a cucumber in there last night.

people often focus on the ridiculous
then again you can't help but look at how Aldo was affected by Conor in the lead up to their fight
keeps it interesting

i don't get what's wrong with being shook? it's normal to get emotional sometimes is it not?

but the consensus among fight fans if you read the posts here and on Youtube were that Cody is mentally defeated already and he looks shook.
he just looked to me like someone who was uncomfortable trash talking, and maybe talking in general. just looked insecure about dom getting the best of him in that interview. don't know why people read into things so much.

I never thought he acted shook, but he did seem to lose his shit every time he and Cruz got into verbal exchanges.

But he kept cool as a cucumber in there last night.
He did a 'Dominic Cruz' to Dominic Cruz.....

Anyone verbally sparring with Dominic Cruz is going to have a bad time. I think Dom (prior to this loss) could easily get under McGregor's skin if that match up ever were to go down, for example.

But in the cage Garbrandt was in his comfort zone, and looked the part.

It would take checking all the times "so and so looks shook" against the winner of said fights

"Shook, triggerred, salty", etc, etc. They're just the latest fad words that twitter boys and girls hang their hats on.

Back