Is it even possible for Bellator to overpass UFC?

The presence of the UFC is just on a grand scale globally now. Bellator has amazing competitiors and events but it will never match the scale of the UFC machine. So many variables.

giphy.gif

I don't see anyone taking the #1 spot but there's enough room in the MMA space for a different flavor to find their niche and own it
Yeah. People like me like watching all of them. LFA and those are a little hard to watch but I have fight pass so sometimes I watch them. PFL and Bellator are basically can non-UFC fighters beat former UFC fighters who couldnt cut it.

Anything is possible.

Yes, but it would mean the UFC would have to have really bad talent and champions

The UFC really puts on too many cards for casuals like me to watch everything. It's really hard to keep up with a whole differnt league if fighters even though I would like to support other promoters. The UFC is pretty aggressive towards their competition as well, usually putting competing cards on tv.

Not possible because Viacom isn't willing to put down the dollar to take over. I have a feeling they just bought bellator to fill a time slot

No. Bellator doesn't do enough to differentiate itself from the UFC and most people are just content with watching the UFC

This, if anything One Fc has a better chance at it but there weakness is they have there hands in too many different sports. They should focus on MMA strictly and not be too obsessed with the martial arts bushido stuff

PFL/One have a better chance at passing Bellator than Bellator has at passing the UFC.

Yes, and likely. Just business cycles, none stays on top forever.
What I see happening is the UFC will be on top for quite a bit longer but something(most likely fighter pay) will drive away the top talent. Once all the top fighters are elsewhere the UFC will decline. As for the public's perception of the UFC and MMA in general that would change quicker than you think. All it would take is the next attention grabber with the right polish on production and the general public forgets about the UFC entirely. Fight fans want to watch the best fighters, if the UFC loses the best fighters for long enough they lose the fans.

PFL is at least changing the game. Point tournament system, AI cage. Still don't see it as surpassing UFC due to funds but they are at least going for it by bringing new opportunities.
Yup this.
Be different enough, but still keep it grounded.
This is why people loved pride.

All of the Lineal titles are in the UFC. Until that changes I don't see any other promotion passing them up.

Not likely, but never say never. Would take many major blunders by the UFC to damage their name and image most likely before they'd have any sort of chance to over take them.

Back