is it a bad rep or a bad rap

Medulla Omoplata

Mayberry Comptroller
@Silver
Reaction score
I always that it was bad rap but bad rep kind of makes more sense cause bad reputation.

what say you.

speaking of which

Tyron-Woodley-5-696x399.png

You have a bad rep TS and you'll get a bad rap for that.

It's suppose to be bad rap (as in bad reputation). Ex: OP gets a bad rap because of shit tier threads.

Enough people have misused it as "bad rep" that it is now accepted for the same use.

Bad wrap is stupid and plain wrong.

Both can be used. I think bad rap was first on the scene though. Isn't it something to do with someone's rap sheet which stands for records of arrests and prosecution? I heard that once.

The expression is bad rap.

Like, false charges on a rap sheet.

It's suppose to be bad rap (as in bad reputation). Ex: OP gets a bad rap because of shit tier threads.

Enough people have misused it as "bad rep" that it is now accepted for the same use.

Bad wrap is stupid and plain wrong.

:eek::eek::eek::eek:

You have a bad rep TS and you'll get a bad rap for that.
this ^

bad rep = it is known youre a shitster
bad rap = is kind of like a bum deal, youre known for something but it most likely isnt true

Both are expressions, but the mean different things. RAP is a "Record of Arrests and Prosecutions" a bad rap means a record containing false or trumped up charges. It's also called a "bum rap".

A bad rep is just an abreviation of bad reputation.

Ask Tyrone Woodley about bad rap.

A bad rep is many bad raps but somehow its not a singular and a plural. Interadasting. Ohhhh nvm.

Last edited:
Back