Is Imanari the greatest leg-log artist?

Erik Paulson was pretty fond of them back in the day. He's got some good instructional material on leg locks as well.

Imanari sure is impressive when he goes after someone's leg. Shamrock did get alot of leg submissions back in the day but i am sure the fact they were wearing space boots helped.

Barnett is the first HW that comes to mind regarding leg locks.

Not really, Bas didn't even learn any submissions until he got sub'd, and let's be honest here, anyone could of sub'd Bas, and changed the way he fights. It just so happened to be Ken.

Wrong.

I can't believe Irvin's name hasn't come up. You people disappoint me!

Still, my favourite was Lister on Saulo. Not MMA, but I don't care, I'm on memory lane in a tank.

Imanari is just so consistent in his leg locks though. It's a pleasure to watch him stoop, and indicate that there's probably going to be some lasting damage coming for the opponent.

I disagree with the guy who said hat leg locks are underrated.

I believe that they're very risky to attempt. Can get kneed or stomped.

But don't get me wrong, I love them ! I just think there's a reason why we don't see sooooooo many of them...

dont forget ol Ken Shamrock, some of his old leglocks were brutal

i think a lot of this had to do with the boots they wore in pancrase BUT he still has good technique.

but yeah imanari is IMO the best leg locker, the aforementioned fighters are too but Imanari's nickname is that for a reason.

I am envious of Iminari's leg lock skills. I would love to train with him for a few months to add some unorthodox and dangerous attacks to my game.

Jiro Wakabayshi > Imanari

So says the first round of the ZST GTF tournament.

Sorry guys.

*Edit- This is a joke BTW.

Back