• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Is GSP planning to un-retire?

Gsp aint stupid,best be clear on that.

You aint gonna catch him on some "Sorry dana,ah need 6 months to get in da best shape tabarnak,ah ate too much poutine."

I am getting sick of fighters pretending to retire and then coming back. It undermines the word and makes it even less significant when they actually do retire for good.
GSP has the so called fuck you money so I don't think he's pretending. An extra $10 mil or so + bragging rights could change his mind though.

GSP has the so called fuck you money so I don't think he's pretending. An extra $10 mil or so + bragging rights could change his mind though.

Nah he still wants to fight Khabib and maybe Conor so it's all a PR move. Ie Pretending to be retired. Nothing against him and more power to him for having leverage. Conor has also faked retirement one or two times.

Nah he still wants to fight Khabib and maybe Conor so it's all a PR move. Ie Pretending to be retired. Nothing against him and more power to him for having leverage. Conor has also faked retirement one or two times.
I thought GSP exited the USADA pee pool. If he was faking it, it would have been more convenient to stay in the pool.

I thought GSP exited the USADA pee pool. If he was faking it, it would have been more convenient to stay in the pool.

He only has to be in the peepee pool for 6 months prior to the fight. Khabib is fighting in Sept. I am assuming the fight won't be made until after that fight in Sept. Georgie has plenty of time to reenter the peepee pool

Maybe exiting USADA was a huge contract negotiation bluff and that he ended up doing because Endeavor wasn't meeting his price. Things cooled off and maybe talks are back on now. I really don't think GSP would be doing this for health reasons unless it was possible he could fight again.

He might even consider fighting for someone else. UFC contract can't lock him down forever.

Maybe exiting USADA was a huge contract negotiation bluff and that he ended up doing because Endeavor wasn't meeting his price. Things cooled off and maybe talks are back on now. I really don't think GSP would be doing this for health reasons unless it was possible he could fight again.

He might even consider fighting for someone else. UFC contract can't lock him down forever.
I thought it freezes upon retirement, but also remember before the Ping fight, GSP hinted his contract was different from the usual suggesting his old pre-USADA one was void.

i don't think he's coming back, and if he does it's ridiculous...why play games, if you say your retiring then retire.

its also ridiculous because if he 100% can't easily beat the opponent he risks losing and tarnishing his legacy/record...when he retired he made the comment about still having his health and leaving on a high note and on top, where most don't get the chance to do it because its too late.

I'd be disappointing in seeing him return, he would be going back on his word and really doesn't need come back and prove anything...all the other ww's out there are nowhere close to matching what gsp accomplished, it's almost a pointless subject to debate.

the ufc didn't want him to fight kahbib for the belt because of vacating the mw belt, they wanted him to stick around, defend, gsp wants to win the belts for more less put the final piece to his legacy...a 3 division champion, sometimes our selfish ways and obsessions eventually get the best of us. sure if the ufc goes back on there word and grants gsp the fight with kahbib for the belt, no strings attached to defend, can vacate at any time then sure maybe he would come out of retirement but it would only be worth the risk if the opponent he was fighting is guaranteed to lose against him.

In others words my advice to gsp is, don't come out of retirement and fu*k everything up you did, stay out and be one of the very few fighters who left the sport on top, with an amazing legacy to leave behind.

He loves to train and is a healthy and active person. Is normal.

Nah, he does way more than just train and stay healthy. He's an opportunist whos afraid of a joke of USADA era. USADA comes along, GSP bolts. Only takes on chosen fighters.

Imagine if Serra would've wrecked GSP on the rematch. We'd be possibly talking about Serra vs Khabib right now. Hardy har.

Imagine if Serra was GSP.
We would have been talking about Serra right now.

Am i the only person on here that think it's pathetic that Georges retired at age 32

he stepped away being semi retired after the hendricks fight....however he officially made his media announcement of retirement at his current age of 37, that's not pathetic not when you have money, your health and accomplished more than any other ww, also leave while on top, I can't see how it's pathetic. he's turning 38 this may so he's pushing close to 40 I'd be getting involved in other stuff, retiring from competitive combat sports altogether.

also there's no set age to stop fighting, it's whenever the fighter choose to or can't anymore.

I thought it freezes upon retirement, but also remember before the Ping fight, GSP hinted his contract was different from the usual suggesting his old pre-USADA one was void.

Freezes upon retirement for fighters who can't afford top shelf lawyers to fight it. GSP's lawyers have already said they would win in court and I believe them.

Back