Is Groundhog Day considered a Time Travel movie?

Rhood

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
If the protagonist is in a time loop, he would therefore predict events ahead of time before they even happen.
He can see the future from a past experience, even though it doesn't go past the next day.
So isn't this considered a time travel film?

Btw, I just finished watching Happy Death Day 2U (The sequel to Happy Death Day)
Great film to watch if you liked Groundhog Day.
It was cleverly written for an unlikely sequel. You gotta see it!

In the book the Protagonist (Bill Murray) knows what’s going on with everybody because it actually takes place over 10,000 years. So No

I loved Happy Death Day but hated Happy Death Day 2 U
It started out solid but quickly fell apart and the main plot point that started the whole fuckin ordeal was just tossed aside and never explained

Why did the Asian come back to kill himself? There was no reason ever given and it didn't affect the story at all. So dumb

It's an existential comedy about a guy stuck in a time loop. "Time travel movie" implies the protagonist would actually travel back/forth in time. So, no.

In the book the Protagonist (Bill Murray) knows what’s going on with everybody because it actually takes place over 10,000 years. So No
The estimates range greatly over how long he was stuck in the loop. IIRC, Whatculture did a video, breaking it down, and the lowest plausible amount of time would've been a decade or so. I think the writers/producers stated he was in there for like 30 years, at some point.

Were here for a good time, not a long time. So have a good time, the sun cant shine everyday.

The estimates range greatly over how long he was stuck in the loop. IIRC, Whatculture did a video, breaking it down, and the lowest plausible amount of time would've been a decade or so. I think the writers/producers stated he was in there for like 30 years, at some point.

Sure the movie. The book it’s based on is
12:01 PM

I thought he was just tripping the whole time

I thought he was just tripping the whole time

Never considered that. Sounds reasonable that he may have just went on an intense trip. Jamie, would you pull up if people ever report being stuck in time loop while tripping?

IMG_0961.PNG

Back