Is giga the real deal and should he move up to 155?

Kono dio da!

Giorno's Father
@red
Reaction score
His striking is dope. I think he's had enough lower level opponents by now. How highly do you guys rate him? Real deal or hype job?

Also he said he was worried about his weight cut and that it would probably affect his cardio. Should he just cut his losses and move up to 155

Lol... Arman, gregor gillespie, fighter kevin lee (who must be super happy with the election results), islam makachev, Alex hernandez when he so chooses and if I'm not mistaken mustafaev.
Sarcasm, buddy.

I'm biased since I dislike cutbabies, he for sure has potential but maybe he's another James Vick.

He looked pretty big and I usually don't like when it's obvious someone is in the wrong weight class.

Lol... Arman, gregor gillespie, fighter kevin lee (who must be super happy with the election results), islam makachev, Alex hernandez when he so chooses and if I'm not mistaken mustafaev.
He should have said; 'not many dangerous opponents wo wrestle at 155'

Wish we could have saw him and Mike Davis scrap

I'm biased since I dislike cutbabies, he for sure has potential but maybe he's another James Vick.
He's gonna need a shoddy chin and no striking defense against pressure for that to happen, so I don't think he'd be another Vick in any way except for them both being very tall for their divisions. but I don't pile on someone until they miss weight or really have issues with their cuts, and to my knowledge Giga hasn't. I dunno how much he walks around but he hit 145 on the dot for this last fight so even though the cut wasn't fun he probably wasn't killing himself to make weight, and I think a big reason he tires late is because for such a practiced striker he has poor cardio management and doesn't ease off his strikes.

don't know if the otherguy was undersized but he looked Gigantic yesterday

He has the right build to have a size advantage in the division like most of the top contenders: Ortega, Zabit, Yair. I think he would be more competitive at 145lbs

I was watching his fight back in the Glory days. Before that event I even didn't know that he was in the UFC tho.

I like watching the the guy fight, but think he’s overrated. To me he’s a guy who could crack the rankings if they give him a Jeremy Stephens or Cub Swanson. But on the other end if they book him against guys like Elkins, Dawson, Damon Jackson, Tucker etc he’d probably get subbed or just generally grapple F’d.

Chimaev, Holland, Bobby Green, Chikadhze, Zalal, Kelleher etc have all done well during COVID by staying active. Great way to make a name for yourself and make some money for middle of the pack talent. With COVID not going anywhere, have to expect some other guys who don’t cut much weight to try to take advantage of this as well.

Funny you just have to squeeze in Kevin Lee's leanings when talking about his wresting in the 155 division. haha

Back