Is Free Will an illusion?

Thank you for taking the time, sir. Sincerely.

This, for sure.

I wonder if we're mixing up determinism with predetermination. I don't think determinism gets into what we will do next, it rather explains how we arrived at our decisions, which determinism argues is not a free will but rather a necessity by experience/environment.

Almost wrote this earlier too.

*hugs ocean size and doesn't let go*

♪ You made me love you. I didn't want to do it. I didn't want to do it... ♫

I don't believe our universe is deterministic in any sense, so I don't believe our actions can be predetermined.

I think they are though...

I mean avery person has got a nature, we live we grow, we travel and meet people and cultures that broaden our horizons and all of that gives us better perspective and an illusion that we have more choices...
No matter how much u know and what u read see- your life is predetermined by your own nature. I tried to go back in time and see when exactly did I form as what I am. And realized that what I am as a person goes waaaay back. My temper my inclinations towards this or that etc. And I saw the same thing about friends of mine who I know from childhood.
So in a sense by the time we're born or may be the first few years which we do not remeber very good we are formed and thats it- so our choices are in this sense predetermined by the way we are.
Cannot really explain it better, not a native speaker anyway but I'v been thinking about this for some time now and I believe in it

Back