Is Frank Mir a HOF'er

Reaction score
Tied with AA for most wins by a HW with 16 wins
Tied with Matt Hughes, 4th most wins by ko or sub, with 13. Cerrone, Silva, and Belfort only fighters with more finishes.

Best wins in chronological order
Pete Williams- Sub shoulder lock
Tank Abbott- Sub toe hold
Tim Sylvia- Sub armbar
motorcycle accident
Brock Lesnar- Sub kneebar
Big Nog- Tko... I know I know, big nog was sick, but fuck still a great win
Cheick Kongo- Sub Guillotine
Mirko Cro Cop- KO Knee
Roy Nelson- UD
Big Nog-Sub Kimura
Bigfoot Silva- KO
Todd Duffee- KO

He's a legend, but idk about HOF.

Tied with AA for most wins by a HW with 16 wins
Tied with Matt Hughes, 4th most wins by ko or sub, with 13. Cerrone, Silva, and Belfort only fighters with more finishes.

Best wins in chronological order
Pete Williams- Sub shoulder lock
Tank Abbott- Sub toe hold
Tim Sylvia- Sub armbar
motorcycle accident
Brock Lesnar- Sub kneebar
Big Nog- Tko... I know I know, big nog was sick, but fuck still a great win
Cheick Kongo- Sub Guillotine
Mirko Cro Cop- KO Knee
Roy Nelson- UD
Big Nog-Sub Kimura
Bigfoot Silva- KO
Todd Duffee- KO
In a place where a fucking clothing manufacturer is in the HoF, even CM Punk deserves to be there.

So yeah, my vote is yes!

He easily should be but considering how petty and ridiculous the UFC HOF is, I bet it'll be a long time until it happens.

Mir's comeback story > any other (including Cruz's) and he was a well rounded beast that was involved in many notable moments/fights.

He is a shoo in under any normal circumstances but because he left on a contract dispute, he probably won't get in for a long time

Em. Yes. People need to stop asking this question with these legit fighters and champions. Fuxking Mask and Stephan Bonnar are in the UFC Hall of Fame. You really want to know if Frank Mir should be in it? Bisping, Rashad, Conor etc? Really?

Yeah Frank belongs

That's a damn fine HW resume

lmao is this a serious thread? Come on bro, did you start watching MMA in 2017. Frank mir is a fucking legend and HOFer without shadow of a doubt.

What I consider a HoFer is different than what the UFC considers a HoFer, so yes.
In my world there'd only be a handful though. Only the best of the absolute best. Frank would belong in my hall of very good.

Last edited:
Mir was a longtime company man, a two time heavyweight champion and co-headlined UFC 100, which was the biggest event in company history at the time. He's tied with Arlovski for the most wins at HW, has the most HW submissions, and he's got some huge wins to his name (Sylvia, Brock, Big Nog 2x, Cro Cop). He, Arlovski and Big Timmeh all deserve the HoF nod.

Yes. He's done a lot for the sport by being the right guy at the right time. He was a heavyweight who made submission grappling just as awesome as a KO. He was the first fighter that made me start paying attention to the ground game of submissions, especially in HW. He had a handful of amazing moments, taking fans into the darkest places of limb fractures via sub. He's also been a good ambassador for the sport, not being a douche/criminal etc. Lastly, his wife's a smokin' babe and a pretty awesome person in general.

If Serra, Rashad, Forrest, Bonnar are in, Mir has to be.

Absolutely. Especially since he was always a UFC guy. That will always earn him extra credit when they look at inductions.

Back