Is Fedor the "non-play-it-safe" GOAT?

Dana_is_your_GOD

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
In a previous thread we learned that both Fedor and GSP were likely the 2 non PED GOAT's. Now we must further define our GOAT. We're going to do this by focusing on their warrior mentality.

We all know Fedor is the last person to lay and pray, or wall and stall, or other such tactics that can be used to win every fight be decision. When Fedor has fought, the battles were epic, especially during his prime. With his entertaining fight style, its amazing how he was not only able to go undefeated for 10 years, but do so without being forced to lay and pray for decisions.

Fedor was overrrated dude. Good fighter but if he fought today hed be on the same level as the Travis Brownes and Roy Nelsons. Good but flawed fighters.

I am absolutely sick and tired of hearing about Fedor.

he was great, but no more of this... Wasteland

GSP played the system/game/scoring exceptionally well. As an overall fighter he isnt on Fedors level and never was. Ppl forget Fedor in his prime had top 5 striking defense statistically and he wasnt a grinder/guy who fought on the backfoot or played defensive. He had great defense while fighting a mostly offensive, forward style looking to finish in every phase.

Fedor did play it safe...he fought more cans than ranked fighters

GSP has the most top 5 wins of any fighter in the history of MMA.

Fedor IS the goat... Beat 5 UFC champs, the pride champ twice, the pride Grand Prix winner and a UFC tournament winner without losing a ROUND. Plus he had more finishes during his undefeated streak than jones has wins. The only one whos even a close 2nd is GSP

Ok, 1 time 1 time only balls deep on Fedor......My thing with Fedor is his biggest competition seemed to be guys who were tailor made for him to beat. Big Nog not a big guy or great striker and Fedor easily avoids the subs. Mirko a great striker but also not a big guy and someone who Fedor could bully, Mirko tentative in that fight. We also saw that Mirko and big nog, perhaps past there best, had some trouble when they fought in the ufc.

Put Fedor up against a guy who has good footwork, better athelticism, solid size, td defense, heavy punching, I think Fedor has problems and could lose to that guy. Arlovski got his ass knocked out and yeah Fedor was past his best, but Arlovski was looking very good for a few minutes there against Fedor.

Again, a goat canidate, not true goat, close to unbeatable at his best, but not unbeatable at all....

balls deep bruh

Define playing it safe. He took Schillt and Jaideep (and probably some others) down who had nonexistent ground games

Lol...I thought you were joking at first.
How about, play it safe like leaving Japan and Russia, Getting finished three fights in a row, running home to fight hand picked cans with your buddies as judges. Sounds like Playng it safe to me.

FEDOR! The supposed GOAT we're supposed to believe left his prime at the age of 33, never to beat another ranked fighter. Hahah....aww, love you guys.

Ok, 1 time 1 time only balls deep on Fedor......My thing with Fedor is his biggest competition seemed to be guys who were tailor made for him to beat. Big Nog not a big guy or great striker and Fedor easily avoids the subs. Mirko a great striker but also not a big guy and someone who Fedor could bully, Mirko tentative in that fight. We also saw that Mirko and big nog, perhaps past there best, had some trouble when they fought in the ufc.

balls deep bruh

What? So arguably the best striker in HW history in his prime, and the best sub guy in HW in his prime were tailor made for Fedor? Maybe that's an indication that he could beat anyone anywhere and was the best. No one wanted to fight Cro Cop in those days and people even thought that Fedor was dodging him before that fight happened. Also Big Nog, and Cro Cop were as big if not bigger, and certainly more muscular, than Fedor.

Fedor would go there with hands down and pressure his opponents, beat the crap out of them. On the ground he always looked for submissions or delivered vicious ground and pound.

He was also an iron chin warrior. Impossible to knock out.

What? So arguably the best striker in HW history in his prime, and the best sub guy in HW in his prime were tailor made for Fedor? Maybe that's an indication that he could beat anyone anywhere and was the best. No one wanted to fight Cro Cop in those days and people even thought that Fedor was dodging him before that fight happened. Also Big Nog, and Cro Cop were as big if not bigger, and certainly more muscular, than Fedor.

I see guys like JDS, Sea level healthy Cain, Roided up Overeem if his chin can hold up, hell I always wanted to see Fed-or fight Ricco Rodriquez a guy who was blindly robbed vs. Big Nog. Fedor in my eyes great but unproven against big dangerous punchers that can grapple

ODshQJUKKH9HG.gif

giphy.gif

I see guys like JDS, Sea level healthy Cain, Roided up Overeem if his chin can hold up, hell I always wanted to see Fed-or fight Ricco Rodriquez a guy who was blindly robbed vs. Big Nog. Fedor in my eyes great but unproven against big dangerous punchers that can grapple
10001961.gif
Andrei%2BArlovski%2BDestroys%2BAntonio%2BBigfoot%2BSilva%2B-%2BUFC%2BFight%2BNight%2B51%2BBrasilia.gif
AndreiArlovskivsBenRothwellKOAfflic.gif

Arlovski is a striker but he certainly has high level grappling skills, and I don't need to comment on Big Nog. The thing about Fedor was that his style was so unorthodox and still effective. You would want Fedor to fight a roided up version of Reem? Why not an even playing field when both are clean? If Fedor finds that chin Reem would be counting sheep.

big nog ko'd schaub whoop de doo.................. again though, fedor was able to nullify what big nog was great at. Not sure if he could deal with everyone in history. in my mind a few versions of guys that Could beat him but of course fedor could win vice versa... again, great but imo unproven to be undisputed goat.

In a previous thread we learned that both Fedor and GSP were likely the 2 non PED GOAT's. Now we must further define our GOAT. We're going to do this by focusing on their warrior mentality.

We all know Fedor is the last person to lay and pray, or wall and stall, or other such tactics that can be used to win every fight be decision. When Fedor has fought, the battles were epic, especially during his prime. With his entertaining fight style, its amazing how he was not only able to go undefeated for 10 years, but do so without being forced to lay and pray for decisions.
No reason to lnp when you're fighting bums in Japan

"Fedor fighting cans" is the lamest excuse there is. Considering while Fedor was fighting in his prime, he was fighting in the best organization with the best HWs. Beat all of them at their own game, at that. The UFC has become so popular that people tend to think that "If you never fought in the UFC, you suck!" Give me a break. Not to mention, when you have the fights hes had, it takes a toll on you, regardless if you are 33, 45, or even in your 20s. Dude was simply the best. I would be willing to bet he could still come to the UFC and beat top 10 HWs.

Back