Is dillashaw a snake in the grass?

You had to take care of yourself first and if he thought their camp wasn't suited for him who can blame him. Was there was some back stabbing with the way he left?
Not sure, but since there has been. He talked about how he'd whoop Faber's ass in practice and just knocking some of the coaches. Seems shady and childish.

I was just taken by surprise to see that. That was just a small sample but it's littered with those snake emojis and people calling TJ a traitor and what not

#GUERNICAbless

The people sure seem to think so:

Comments from UFC's Instagram of this post:

What say you?

**congrats. You are posting in a GUERNICA GOAT thread. Please stay on topic and keep all fan questions and comments to the DM. Now call your mom an tell her you love her!**

#GUERNICAbless

guernica you're the worst poster actually, all you do is fighter bashing all day

The only way it was "snake-like" was that he didn't make up his mind until the last moment. Faber knew what was up, he originally told TJ he could still hang around Alpha Male when he was in town. It was his beef with Bang and thinking that Leister Bowling was still trying to poach alphamale talent that lead to him getting bent all out of shape about the whole thing. Can't blame TJ, he had a close relationship with Bang who Uriah had already shunned and Elevation offered to pay him to train there. He has a wife and a family.

Fast forward three years and Chad Mendes and Joey Benavidez have all but followed TJ down there. So somehow seems like it wasnt the worst decision in the world.
The other guys left on good terms because most likely they handled in a more honest way, they also weren't prospects that Faber had built up, Urjah recruited TJ out of high school, so he's built TJ up to be a champion for years and just when it's about to all pay off TJ joins another team and that team/gym gets all the credit.

And to think this has been going strong for more than a year now

guernica you're the worst poster actually, all you do is fighter bashing all day
...I typically don't waste my GOAT time on these types of replies but, where in that OP did I bash anyone??

I just found it very interesting that it seems like people at large have this opinion of TJ. I didn't even know mcTapper had started it. But now it all makes sense.

#GUERNICAbless

TJ made the best move for his life and his career. Tam made Dillashaw competent, Ludwig made Dillashaw great. TAM is an overrated camp and even their best fighters still train with Ludwig even after everything Faber said about Bang. TAM will get you to the dance, but there is a reason why TJ was the only champ from there and probably the only champ that will ever be there

TJ should have been more straight forward in the process but nothing that TJ did should entitle Faber to slander TJ(accusations of PED's)
but TJ is a snake because Conor said so

The other guys left on good terms because most likely they handled in a more honest way, they also weren't prospects that Faber had built up, Urjah recruited TJ out of high school, so he's built TJ up to be a champion for years and just when it's about to all pay off TJ joins another team and that team/gym gets all the credit.
He tried to recruit TJ out of high school, TJ ended up going to another college and didn't hook up with them until near the end of college. Thats the same way Chad joined. Alpha male got a ton of credit when TJ won the title, he was still training out of that gym when he won it.
Faber was told that TJ was being recruited by Elevation by TJ and heard a rumor he had agreed to train there and asked TJ about it. TJ said he wasn't sure, then the next week said he was gone. <- this is pretty much both men's account of what happened.

Uriah was just mad that his friend/the only champion the gym had left to a rival (not Bang, Bowling who Faber had accused of recruit TAM prospects with money for years). Dude just felt like his buddy chose money over loyalty. Dillashaw chose to do what's best for his career. Shits not even a big deal. If it was such a cardinal sin, Dillashaw wouldn't be on good terms with pretty much all of the other alpha male guys not named Cody or Uriah. Dude's salty because his buddy chose another guy over him - is normal, shit like that happens all the time. Both men probably hold some fault in it.

No, TJ is a good dude who just happens to not be very smart. He's a good fighter, but he can't think very clearly or very well, and he's not good at explaining or defending himself. But I'd rather depend on someone like TJ than any of those other fighting munchkins on TAM.
100% agree, the dude has a title defense with Dom Cruz in a fight that was called the most important one in the history of the division. TJ isn't the most personal, but he had no time for unnecessarily distraction. It may have been what made him lose his belt sadly

Not sure, but since there has been. He talked about how he'd whoop Faber's ass in practice and just knocking some of the coaches. Seems shady and childish.

I was just taken by surprise to see that. That was just a small sample but it's littered with those snake emojis and people calling TJ a traitor and what not

#GUERNICAbless
Probably because Urijah was acting salty and distracting TJ before the most important fight of his life though. Faber almost accused him of using ped's

Faber showed TJ the basics, but it was Ludwing, not faber who allowed TJ to realize his potential. I, like TJ have a house and a wife and I have to be a man and do what is best for my career. TJ should have been straight up, but nothing he did(or didn't do) was that bad

tj's next walkout music

The only way it was "snake-like" was that he didn't make up his mind until the last moment. Faber knew what was up, he originally told TJ he could still hang around Alpha Male when he was in town. It was his beef with Bang and thinking that Leister Bowling was still trying to poach alphamale talent that lead to him getting bent all out of shape about the whole thing. Can't blame TJ, he had a close relationship with Bang who Uriah had already shunned and Elevation offered to pay him to train there. He has a wife and a family.

Fast forward three years and Chad Mendes and Joey Benavidez have all but followed TJ down there. So somehow seems like it wasnt the worst decision in the world.

Joe left, Chad hasn't.

Chad trains (when he's around) with Bang and was trending towards leaving like Benavidez was this time last year, before he got popped.

I think he was staying, but who knows.

He tried to recruit TJ out of high school, TJ ended up going to another college and didn't hook up with them until near the end of college. Thats the same way Chad joined. Alpha male got a ton of credit when TJ won the title, he was still training out of that gym when he won it.
Faber was told that TJ was being recruited by Elevation by TJ and heard a rumor he had agreed to train there and asked TJ about it. TJ said he wasn't sure, then the next week said he was gone. <- this is pretty much both men's account of what happened.

Uriah was just mad that his friend/the only champion the gym had left to a rival (not Bang, Bowling who Faber had accused of recruit TAM prospects with money for years). Dude just felt like his buddy chose money over loyalty. Dillashaw chose to do what's best for his career. Shits not even a big deal. If it was such a cardinal sin, Dillashaw wouldn't be on good terms with pretty much all of the other alpha male guys not named Cody or Uriah. Dude's salty because his buddy chose another guy over him - is normal, shit like that happens all the time. Both men probably hold some fault in it.
I remember most of the credit going to Duane when TJ won the title but don't care either way.

TJ only really left when Faber gave him an ultimatum
I told him (TJ), ‘If you’re not on the team you can’t be coming in here and training with us.’

TJ then recruits other TAM fighters to join him...

Seems snake-like to me.

Back