Is Diaz easy to prepare for??

JoshR86

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
Both Diaz brothers might be one of the worst short notice replacements, they always stay in good shape, always training,(not intense training camp training but there still training),
Unorthodox with great boxing, subpar wrestling which he compensates with his awesome grappling.

But to prep for a Diaz brother has to be one of the easiest training camps for a coach, you literally know exactly how your opponent is going to fight, you have tons of footage, and you have several other coaches who have already figured them out to go off of, i mean both brothers will continue to fight a losing fight without making adjustments.

Conor has a lot of work to do in his camp to beat Diaz, theres no question about it, but it helps a lot when there's already a solution to the problem, and you just need to figure out the equation.

post usada it's gonna be hard to wrestle them for 5 rounds or kick & move without the boost to the cardio and strength given by peds. And they won't wanna fight unless it's a main event 5 rounder.

If you have the tools, than yeah
But Conor does not have them

Easy for a fighter who has good wrestling, BJJ defense and good GnP. Not a great match up for Conor. His striking style is very effective when he is the larger man but Nate is larger, taller and is willing to take shots and keep coming. Conor is excellent when he can bully and intimidate a fighter with his power but that didn't work on Nate the first time. Conor may win a decision but I think with 5 rounds and a full camp Diaz finds another finish.

Conor once said word for word "i can go all day"

But he could not.

That was Diaz on 11 days. So just think of what Diaz on 14 days could do lol.

Conor said it'd be easy. Business as usual.

Yes use movement constantly circling ,keep the fight in a kicking range and avoid the boxing range.Leg kicks and oblique kicks and you will frustrate them and get them to be wild

post usada it's gonna be hard to wrestle them for 5 rounds or kick & move without the boost to the cardio and strength given by peds. And they won't wanna fight unless it's a main event 5 rounder.

Rounds in wrestling last 5 rounds, and tournaments usually go on for 16 rounds with the participants.

As long as a wrestler are imposing their game they wont tire out.

That being said i agree and felt like the Diaz brothers would do better in post USADA, and it'll be interesting to see if majority of champions in the future adopt more of a long distance athlete attitude in the future

Sweep the leg
125399-karate-kid-sweep-the-leg-gif-I-vgha.gif

Lay and pray, and dont try to advance or they will sweep ur ass

But he could not.

This argument ignores the fact that training camps are based on individual opponents, your training your reflexes and body to work a certain way against a certain fighter.

Conor was prepared gor a 5'9?? LW whose explosive, powerful kicks, strong grappling and solid TD's.
In 11 days he was replaced with an unorthodox fighter whose 6'1.

Conor literally spent the last several months preparing to not fight Nate Diaz, this is why JJ dodged Chael on short notice. Why JJ looked like shit vs St.P.

Bendo lost to short notice Cerrone, when he easily decisioned him when both had a full camp.

You cant train your motor neurons to function one way for months and then demand they act differently in a couple of days, and it's that change of muscle recruitments that tire you out.

This argument ignores the fact that training camps are based on individual opponents, your training your reflexes and body to work a certain way against a certain fighter.

Conor was prepared gor a 5'9?? LW whose explosive, powerful kicks, strong grappling and solid TD's.
In 11 days he was replaced with an unorthodox fighter whose 6'1.

Conor literally spent the last several months preparing to not fight Nate Diaz, this is why JJ dodged Chael on short notice. Why JJ looked like shit vs St.P.

Bendo lost to short notice Cerrone, when he easily decisioned him when both had a full camp.

You cant train your motor neurons to function one way for months and then demand they act differently in a couple of days, and it's that change of muscle recruitments that tire you out.
Conor had his choice of a few opponents out the many that asked to step in. He could have picked anyone. He picked Nate. Sorry, but that late replacement disadvantaged due to different fighter is b.s.

Conor had his choice of a few opponents out the many that asked to step in. He could have picked anyone. He picked Nate. Sorry, but that late replacement disadvantaged due to different fighter is b.s.
It's definitely BS when used as an excuse, because Conor got exactly who he asked for. But to suggest that Conor has already shown us his best possible performance against Nate is also just plain wrong.

Unless you're a good wrestler they are a tough night out.

But he could not.

Bisping ko'd rockhold on 11 days notice. Imagine what he could do on a full camp. Oh wait, he was tapped out in the 2nd round.

Watch the Michael Johnson fight

I think it was clear Johnson was looking to push the pace and kick the leg, Diaz actually started checking a couple of kicks and his jab was so stiff Johnson was stifled

It's definitely BS when used as an excuse, because Conor got exactly who he asked for. But to suggest that Conor has already shown us his best possible performance against Nate is also just plain wrong.
Sure. It'd be like saying we saw Nate's best possible performance against Conor.

Back