Is Dana White trying to stack all the odds in Rousey's favor?

HairyKung

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
If you think about it, in every way it seems as if the UFC/Dana is trying to make Rousey as comfortable as possible like she's still the "Champ".

Media

Rousey doesn't have to do any. Now it's rumored she doesn't even have to do the public weigh in's.

Amanda has done some media for the hell of it and seems very open to the public.

Promo's

Rousey seems to be favored in all the promo's. The quote "SHE'S BACK". The fact the whole commercial for UFC 207 is centered around Rousey. It's hard to even tell Amanda is the champ unless you're a hardcore fan.

Silencing Critics

Dana encouraging that all the critics are wrong to doubt Ronda and that she is the best and toughest female in WMMA... but what about the champ?

She's losing, who cares.

<------asshole of the day.

Her & Bozopotomus are going to need straightjackets in purple pillow padded rooms together if she gets KTFO again.

They absolutely want her to win for money and promotional purposes. But she's gonna get her ass kicked again

Nobody gives a shit about the champ, probably half the people that watched UFC 200 turned it off after the Brock/Hunt fight. Ronda is the one to promote because Ronda is the one that gets fans interested. Nunes has been doing media? lol I've seen at least 5 times as many threads on Sherdog about Ronda not doing media as I have seen on Nunes.

Promote the person that people actually wanna see more in order to get more sales on the event. Dana is doing what's best for business.

im prety sure dana and crew is ambivalent to whether ronda wins (and he can make way more money) or whether amanda wins and he makes way less money

just like w conor - im sure they would have been equally happy if nate won the second fight and shut down conors hype for a bit longer

It's obvious the media is being blamed for Ronda's loss. It's not that she became a mark for herself or her garbage coach talked her up or that she's not smart or mentally healthy enough to have a realistic self-view or self-respect, it's the mean media.

This will backfire hilariously if she loses and social media will once again be flooded with Ronda memes and gifs. Too bad WME scrapped the anti-piracy/copyright department, they'd be working overtime.

reaching really hard and still not very convincing evidence

he's just doing whatever he has to do to coax her back into the cage

Nobody gives a shit about the champ, probably half the people that watched UFC 200 turned it off after the Brock/Hunt fight. Ronda is the one to promote because Ronda is the one that gets fans interested. Nunes has been doing media? lol I've seen at least 5 times as many threads on Sherdog about Ronda not doing media as I have seen on Nunes.

Promote the person that people actually wanna see more in order to get more sales on the event. Dana is doing what's best for business.
UFC Robot detected.

The UFC has nothing to win by Ronda losing.
If Ronda wins, she's the "Once-in-a-lifetime...";
If Nunez wins, it's crickets.
It isn't going to raise the esteem of WMMA, it's just going to make Ronda and WMMA seem like more of a joke.

Remember how they handled McGregor vs Aldo?

;>

Of course he is. How is this even a question ?

Sorry, but if you actually have to ask this question of other ppl. It's time for you to change spectator sports. Because you clearly know ZERO about mma/UFC.

Her veil of invincibility has been lifted. People know that she can be beaten now. Nunes will steal her soul.

Agreed. I didn't know jack shit about Nunes until she beat Meisha, I mean I saw her name pop up hear and there but I never bothered to watch her fights...

How does anything cited by the OP "stack the odds" or help Rousey to win? It's a fight between two people inside a cage.

He is trying to get more people to buy the card because they will wonder how unstable Ronda is going to be.

At this point, I'm halfway expecting nunes to get shot with a high power rifle on the way to the cage...

im prety sure dana and crew is ambivalent to whether ronda wins (and he can make way more money) or whether amanda wins and he makes way less money

just like w conor - im sure they would have been equally happy if nate won the second fight and shut down conors hype for a bit longer
my sarcasm detector is broken.

Right or wrong, a promoter OBVIOUSLY wants the more marketable fighter to win.

Back