Is Dan Hardy returning anytime soon? And would he draw?

MMAMAX

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
I remember him saying that he was considering a return, but it would have to be a big name. He kind of laughed at the idea of facing Mickey Gall, but how would Mickey fair in a fight against Dan? Is he right to be dismissive of a fight like that in an arrogant way?

I think a Dan Hardy fight would garner a lot of interest, tbh. He's more known now.

Prime Hardy would do well against guys like Till and Masvidal. How much has WW regressed.......

What?

He has a physical condition and hasn’t fought in seven years... so Bellator would welcome him with open arms

He has some type of growth in his brain from what I remember. He would probably have fought again but I doubt he could get cleared.

Edit: It's a heart condition.

Last edited:
Gall beats prime Hardy. Hardy was always extremely overrated and the game has evolved.

Dan Hardly couldn't draw a fucking stick figure

He's been cleared a while and said a few times he wants to get back into the octagon for at least one more fight and he's ready to do so.

I think he would stilll be a draw ,however the sport has changed dramatically since he last fought

Why the fuck are people now acting like Dan Hardy is some sort of legend? The dudes claim to fame is getting a title shot against GSP after GSP demolished the division ... Dan Hardy is a completely mediocre fighter at best, who likely wouldn't have been in the UFC at all if he wasnt from the UK while the UFC was trying to break into the market.

I swear to god some guy gets on tv in some sort of commentating role and everyone pretends hes accomplished and was good ... the fuck.

He's said he wants to come back at welterweight. Maybe a Diego fight? Nick Diaz? Nate Diaz? Someone from his era surely but how many of those guys are there still?

oh he’s a drawl alright

hunnert percent

Why the fuck are people now acting like Dan Hardy is some sort of legend? The dudes claim to fame is getting a title shot against GSP after GSP demolished the division ... Dan Hardy is a completely mediocre fighter at best, who likely wouldn't have been in the UFC at all if he wasnt from the UK while the UFC was trying to break into the market.

I swear to god some guy gets on tv in some sort of commentating role and everyone pretends hes accomplished and was good ... the fuck.

I like Hardy as an individual, but this is all correct. He beat Mike Swick and the Irish Hand Grenade (another fighter I was a big fan of, but just being objective) to earn a title shot, which was basically on par with the irrelevance of Patrick Cote's title run.

He's a 37 year old stoner with a complacent personality who is, shall we say, not in the best of shapes.

Why would he come back just to very likely be humiliated in a CM Punk-esque scenario?

Honestly, does anyone really care? He was garbage 10 years ago and has the most annoying voice there is. I don't want to see him anywhere unless it's at walmart as the greeter at the door so i can laugh at him.

Back