Is Conor's supreme confidence gone?

It'll be back.

giphy.gif

Once upon a time, Conor was obsessed with achieving combat greatness.

His dedication to his craft made him supremely confident in his abilities.

With his diluted focus in the last few years, it seems unlikely that he will achieve the same level of greatness.

As such, is it fair to assume that Conor has also lost his confidence?

The callout of Frankie Edgar only makes sense if he no longer thinks he can beat the best.

Or has he simply realised that he needs tune up fights before taking on the best?

giphy.gif

When he was coming up the UFC cherry picked the easiest matchups for him. Doesnt seem like theyre trying to help his brand in any way anymore.

conor fought everyone at FW...only haters would deny this...he beat the 2 best guys in the division...mendes and aldo...so no, nobody cherry picked anything...

Wouldn't you have more confidence as a counterstriker against a striker/brawler like Eddie Alvarez compared to an undefeated russian grappling machine?
No disrespect to Eddie, but he's exactly the kind of fighter Conor always did well against and vice versa with Khabib and Conor knew it.
Everytime someone calls Khabib "Russian" I find it odd. Holloway is American but most people address him as Hawaiian, Khabib should be known as Dagestani. Sure, he's from Russia but calling him "The Russian" is kinda funny since not only he's not ethnically Russian but his culture is also very different.

to me the call out of frankie is directly linked to his intense desire to fight kabib again. i dont think this was him picking an easy fight in the slightest. he likely wants to fight someone similar to kabib in style in some ways.
even if frankie finally had his chin cracked and it now almost two weight classes below light weight he still isnt an easy fight for conor. he is better than chad and chad got a lot of damage in. His striking is better than kabibs and he puts on similar pressure. not as strong and big so not as overwhelming but from a technical perspective i would not expect it to be an easy fight for conor especially after the lay off. id probably pick conor to lose this. frankie still has some good ones left in him.

Lost his confidence? I think he's too cocky for that.
But he always made it clear that he wanted to make as much money as fast as possible. Now that he has, I think he lost his motivation to train his ass off.
True, fighters are best when they're poor. Once you get that money you lose motivation because instead of being hungry you have access to things you were always wanting. It's kinda the same with anyone who grew up not having a lot actually. You do dumb shit like go to the store and buy all kinds of food you don't even eat, buy all kinds of clothes you might never wear and ride around in limos. Then of course you want to have a good time! There's no real proof that Conor even does Cocaine, but he certainly wouldn't be the first fighter who got into it. The last thing you want to do after being up all night blowing rails and drinking is go train.

Once upon a time, Conor was obsessed with achieving combat greatness.

His dedication to his craft made him supremely confident in his abilities.

With his diluted focus in the last few years, it seems unlikely that he will achieve the same level of greatness.

As such, is it fair to assume that Conor has also lost his confidence?

The callout of Frankie Edgar only makes sense if he no longer thinks he can beat the best.

Or has he simply realised that he needs tune up fights before taking on the best?

it was all an act, supported by fighting men smaller than him, favourable matchups and a bit of luck.

He was never the same after the Mayweather fight.

Nah, that's Colby.

With Conor it was different, it was real every time except the last one. The only time it was fake was against Khabib. I could tell watching the press conference that he was shit scared.

Technically every fighter is never the same after every fight. No one is ever the same after they have 100 million in the bank. No one is ever after getting raped by Nate Diaz....twice.

It doesnt matter styles make fights and he matchups poorly against a Nate Diaz and Khabib.

He almost lost to micro manlet Chad Mendes. He needs to stick to his bread and butter...beating manlet one weight class smaller than his natural weight.

The mental case appears..

McGregor beat Diaz in their second fight.
{<huh}

The guy responding to me with his 21st fake sherdog account pretending to be from Ireland obsessed with Khabib who responds to my every post who sends me private messages...is calling me a mental case.

Nice avatar...it suites you. By the way how do you get internet signal from Kazakastan?

The guy responding to me with his 21st fake sherdog account pretending to be from Ireland obsessed with Khabib who responds to my every post who sends me private messages...is calling me a mental case.

Nice avatar...it suites you. By the way how do you get internet signal from Kazakastan?
You responded to my post in the first place..

{<jordan}

What private messages ? Screenshot them, goof..

You responded to my post in first place..

{<jordan}

What private messages ? Screenshot them, goof..

Youre obsessed with me. I call you the Khabib Police. What are you going to do with yourself after Khabib fights Justin Gaethje and has his Ronda Rousey moment? Are you going to jump off a desert mountain?

Compare..

McGregor-eyes.gif

source.gif

Ill add this, that Frontnaked just posted in another thread. Compare the look in his eyes vs Aldo to vs Khabib. Such a stark startling difference between real 100% zero doubt confidence and fake, overcompensating confidence

I'll happily admit I thought Conor was going to beat Khabib, until Conor made his walkout. before he was even in the cage something was clearly off to me. he looked like he knew he was going to lose

It's the reason he acts the way towards Khabib. He is trying to hide his lack of confidence when in the presence of Khabib.

He knows no matter what he does his only shot at beating Khabib is landing a lucky shot that can somehow put the lights out of a guy who has never been seriously rocked.

He can never overcome a lifetime of grappling and the dedication Khabib has.

Youre obsessed with me. I call you the Khabib Police. What are you going to do with yourself after Khabib fights Justin Gaethje and has his Ronda Rousey moment? Are you going to jump off a desert mountain?
You spam the same shite on my profile..
Yet I'm the one who's obsessed.
<WellThere>

Screenshot_20191018-162105.png

Screenshot_20191018-162051.png

Back