Is Conor missing Ido Portal?

SpiderFan187

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
Whilst Conor has always and will always have the power in his left what I thought made him stand out from the rest was his movement. Nice and flowy, in and out and could react quick to the movement of his opponent. He would dictate the distance and he would decide when there was or wasn't a striking range. Against Khabib with his forward motion the range seemed to always be there and he was banking on a counter it seemed. Something I noticed when he entered the cage against Khabib for a second or two he was bouncing around back and forth but then switched up to a walk where there looked like there was more pressure on the front of the foot.. it's hard to explain but it was as his stance was geared towards forward movement with a quick sprawl then in and out movements. Could the threat of the takedown made him more stiff? If he was flowy with his karate in and out stance would that have been better or worse? Should he go back and see Mr Portal?

Before you say i'm making excuses for him, check my history I'm in no way a Conor hugger, I picked Nate to choke him out and Khabib to smash him.

I’m probably feeding the trolls but....

I will say Conor seemed happier when Idol was around ...

Watch some of the old videos, he seemed to love the training .. was more lighthearted not as serious

We all saw Idol’s spirit still lives without McConner.

When Khabib landed that right hand, the recovery and footwork to stay on his feet was all the result of playing touch butt in the park

Conor is Still with ido
Touch butt at the park he misses.

Lol. He dictates distance in a lot of those fights because he has reach on them and he is very good at using it. Similar to Jon Jones in that respect. What you saw when he tough Khabib was him fighting a guy big enough to bully him around. Ido Portal can’t change that

I mean really what I saw of his training from ido was straight up retarded anyways

Whilst Conor has always and will always have the power in his left what I thought made him stand out from the rest was his movement. Nice and flowy, in and out and could react quick to the movement of his opponent. He would dictate the distance and he would decide when there was or wasn't a striking range. Against Khabib with his forward motion the range seemed to always be there and he was banking on a counter it seemed. Something I noticed when he entered the cage against Khabib for a second or two he was bouncing around back and forth but then switched up to a walk where there looked like there was more pressure on the front of the foot.. it's hard to explain but it was as his stance was geared towards forward movement with a quick sprawl then in and out movements. Could the threat of the takedown made him more stiff? If he was flowy with his karate in and out stance would that have been better or worse? Should he go back and see Mr Portal?

Before you say i'm making excuses for him, check my history I'm in no way a Conor hugger, I picked Nate to choke him out and Khabib to smash him.
I think he needs better training partners. He needs to be tested more in the gym.

Ido Portal retreated to the rainforest to teach monkeys how to walk upright.

He seemed very static and heavy on his feet for whatever reason

He spent too much time with ido imo...

ido made conors movement flow instead of expolode.

Only i a slight bit but i can cee it. Maybe im wrong but its what i think...

The good aura that goofy mazafaka brought in Conor's corner is missing...

We all saw Idol’s spirit still lives without McConner.

When Khabib landed that right hand, the recovery and footwork to stay on his feet was all the result of playing touch butt in the park
That is pretty accurate I think. Also, the way he slipped the Eagle’s follow up jumping knee and regained a dominant position with a knee of his own, was probably his best moment in the entire fight

As Conors coach Kavanagh said, Ido Portal is more there to keep Conor physically active but he doesn't really see it as a major part of his training. He usually has longer camps so he uses Ido Portal more towards the end of the camp when he doesn't want Conor to peak early/overtrain. This time he had a shorter camp so didn't really need Ido Portal as there wasn't a huge risk of over-training.

Conor has moved on from Ido Portal to Dildo Portal.

John Kavanagh expressed mixed feelings about the camp for Khabib, he said they didnt have much time, because Conor was doing other stuff outside the training.
He also said, that if they were to do it again they would go to a remove location and focus entirely on training.
I dont think even in that circumstances Conor can present a threat to Khabib on the ground, but at least play a more offensive game and maybe hurt him on the feet, and yeah.. bring back Portal. "Touch Butt" Conor was a force.

I used to think Ido was a quack, but I think there's something in that, I think he alot to do with Conor's success. And I agree the recovery after getting dropped was beautiful, the way he shuffled back looked very intentional, not panicked, graceful. Khabib fan here, for the record.

Back