Is Conor Anthony McGregor fast?

PubliusVentidius

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
This kinda puzzles me because if you look at his movements they don't seem that fast, but then sometimes you have to watch wtf happened in slow-mo because it happened so fast (especially with Aldo and when he dropped Alvarez the first time), he's like deceptively fast or something. Is it just great timing that gives that illusion? or like his hands are fast but not his movements? wtf am I saying? I dunno but it's weird.
Like if I watch The Menace fight I can tell right away that he's fast, but with McGregor it isn't obvious that he's fast, am I making sense?

Timing beats speed, precision beats power. Conor Anthony McGregor has great timing and precision. He's not a midget like the flyweights so no he isn't really fast.

e648f9451a9f2df8da61097b062fe77c.jpg

Conor Jack McGregor might not be too fast considering his mother's drinking habits

His hand speed is pretty good, especially on short punches. Left straight is a rocket, his pull back counters are fast too (Buchinger fight). His uppercuts are slow.

None of that matters though because of his mastery of distance and timing.

Your message reads 'drunk' but given past opponents have said how fast he is, ima say he's pretty fast.
Also, given the movement and hand speed thing... He's very relaxed an it all looks a bit pedestrian but once action starts in terms of engagement, it steps up a gear and all speeds up.
His movements in and out as well as hand speed are unquestionably fast.

Conor is slow. Don't mistake the delayed reaction of D-level MMA athletes trick you into Conor being fast.

A-level athlete Floyd put this to rest.

Not really.

His handspeed nor footspeed is that fast.

I couldn't control my laughter when Retard Schaub said that Conor is faster than Floyd and is a better athlete lmao That dude is something else.

He said to Pauli that Conor punches harder than prime Zab Judah too lmao

Funny dude.

It's not the speed, it's that he dictates pace and exchanges. When exchanges come on your terms, you can predict the movement of your opponent. It's the basis of counterpunching. If you watch, McGregor is almost always applying pressure even though he's a counterpuncher.

He's got great hand speed for MMA. He moves kinda like a spider monkey, he bounces around and judges distance really well.

Conor is slow. Don't mistake the delayed reaction of D-level MMA athletes trick you into Conor being fast.

A-level athlete Floyd put this to rest.

I hate Conor dickriders as much as the next guy but this isn't helping.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back