Is Condit a big favorite over Maia?

Rockman14

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
When people hear of this fight I assume most picture Condit getting a TKO or KO by way of vastly superior striking but Condit has never had good TDD and Maia is an absolute monster on the ground and extremely strong, with that being said what if Maia cant sub him early? Can he handle the pace of condit?

Very interesting fight Condit has vastly superior striking and cardio while Maia has vastly superior BJJ and TD's.

I will say Condit TKO but it would be cool to see Maia sub him.

I have a feeling Condit will get dragged down to the mat & subbed.

I can't imagine he's a huge favorite. Maia is on fire right now, and while Condit is the sharper guy on the feet, I can easily see him struggling to mount much of any offense on the mat. That said, the longer this fight goes, the better it looks for Condit, IMO.

Two great fighters with sharply contrasting styles, both have lopsided skill sets, winning comes down to mental toughness and focus. Condit has been talking retirement and Maia has been talking title shot so that's the difference in my mind. Maia, submission rd 2.

I can see Condit getting taken down, but I think he is slick enough on the ground to avoid the sub. This is a 5 round fight and Maia's gas tank is suspect. I think Carlos takes it.

Carlos Condit (30-8-0)

Fractional: 4/5
Decimal: 1.80
Implied Odds of Winning: 55.56%

A successful $100 wager on Carlos Condit would return a total profit of $80

--

Demian Maia (23-6-0)

Fractional: 1/1
Decimal: 2.00
Implied Odds of Winning: 50%

A successful $100 wager on Demian Maia would return a total profit of $100

I'm picking him, but I'd be really surprised if any of them enters the octagon as a big favourite.

maia has about 1.5 rounds to sub him. otherwise condit will start to stuff TD's and take over the fight

maia's problem is that he fades badly. rory was badly dominated by maia but wasn't damaged. once maia started to fade it was over. condit has elite cardio and below average tdd. brown almost turned the fight around but seemed a bit winded and didnt fight smart when maia was tiring. condit will capitalize imo

i have condit as the favorite but wouldnt be surprised at all if he got subbed in the first 7 minutes

Condit has really good BJJ, I don't think he will get subbed.

Why are people picking Maia by sub? Maia doesn't submit top fighters, just look at his record.

Condit via TKO late in the fight after Maia gasses.

Back