Is CM Punk the most desired opponent in the UFC right now?

Renzo Gracie NH

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
I feel like a fight with Punk is a golden ticket. It guarantees a high level of exposure against an opponent who, even if he shows an incredible amount of development, should be beatable for a UFC fighter.

Am I not giving him enough credit? I just don't buy him making enough progress even at a place like Roufusport. I feel like whoever scores this fight will be in a great situation. Even if you lose, you could probably avoid being cut because it would be a loss to a guy that they are trying to market.

He will fight a 0-0 guy or similar. So basically, hes free from the actual roster.

The most desirable opponent should always be the champion.

There is no way they match him against an actual UFC fighter.

There is no way they match him against an actual UFC fighter.

I've been wondering since they signed Punk where the UFC is going to find someone an AC will sanction against a 37year old 0-0 fighter with zero combat experience.

Hell yes he his. Easiest fight out there and (unfortunately for fans) on a PPV.

I've said many times that I'd step up to fight him. I was a former college wrestler, and my band has a huge facebook following. That should be enough for the big showeh

Pretty much, only one Opponent who could get more views would be mcgregor, but he can actually fight so yeah, punk.

I'd say yes, from a financial side. It'd be a guarenteed payday for anybody he fights.

Anderson Silva is the most desired opponent on the roster.

People think he is weak now and it's still a huge money fight.

Pretty much, only one Opponent who could get more views would be mcgregor, but he can actually fight so yeah, punk.

Wrong, I guarantee Punks debut will drew more viewers and PPV buys than McGregor will against Aldo.

The most desirable opponent should always be the champion.

image_crop.php

Fedor-Strikeforce-vs-Werdum.jpg

wanderlei_silva.jpg

I wouldn't mind fighting the guy. I can make 185 or 170 and I have no experience. However I do have bills and this would be an easy way to pay some of them off. Where you at Punk!?

He is a very desirable opponent in the sense that it will bring a lot of eyes. But apart from a possible big payday, it isn't going to advance your career or elevate your rankings.

I bet Punk will be better than a lot of people, fighters I mean, who have come and gone over the years.

Back