Is Chinese Men's Progress In MMA Behind When Compared To Their Women?

I would say Thailand is in the same situation.

Here in Thailand we started out great UFC was on channel 8 and many were trying it. Then political moved to get it banned as true Muay Thai was getting hurt they said. Though UFC is now back it is on a low level cable channel now days and is hard to get the people back in favor as it was branded cock fighting that removed the beauty of muay Thai.

What do you expect with non binary trans women leading Western cultural definitions of 'men' now?
It's an odd thing. I don't see those people IRL. I will probably be considered on the wrong side of history in 50 years or so.

It's an odd thing. I don't see those people IRL. I will probably be considered on the wrong side of history in 50 years or so.
No don't think that way.
You are on the correct side of history.
This madness will be seen as aberration and phase in 50 years.
Society swings to polarities before finding a middle ground.

Here in Thailand we started out great UFC was on channel 8 and many were trying it. Then political moved to get it banned as true Muay Thai was getting hurt they said. Though UFC is now back it is on a low level cable channel now days and is hard to get the people back in favor as it was branded cock fighting that removed the beauty of muay Thai.

Yea, I know about it. Spent a lot of time training in Thailand. But besides Rambaa Somdet and the women are ahead with Loma and Stamp.

Yea, I know about it. Spent a lot of time training in Thailand. But besides Rambaa Somdet and the women are ahead with Loma and Stamp.

That is the good thing with One Championship. Getting Muay Thai fighters into new sport. But Stamp is no where near where she needs to be in a ground-game.

That is the good thing with One Championship. Getting Muay Thai fighters into new sport. But Stamp is no where near where she needs to be in a ground-game.

I have mixed feelings about One. I love their kickboxing and muay thai but never really like their MMA, mainly because they're recruiting local talent with no idea how to fight. I did a visa run in Malaysia and trained at one of their top gyms with a couple of professional fighters fighting in One, those malaysian fighters had less skills than our beginners class back in England.

The problem is it will take many years for South east asia to catch up in MMA and when they do the rest of the world will still be ahead.

I have mixed feelings about One. I love their kickboxing and muay thai but never really like their MMA, mainly because they're recruiting local talent with no idea how to fight. I did a visa run in Malaysia and trained at one of their top gyms with a couple of professional fighters fighting in One, those malaysian fighters had less skills than our beginners class back in England.

The problem is it will take many years for South east asia to catch up in MMA and when they do the rest of the world will still be ahead.

Thai are hard workers though Brazilian ju jitsu takes a long time to get, and best learned starting younger. Once MMA gets more fans behind it here in Thailand.. then give it ten years or so. Of course if they make it an Olympic sport more will learn.

Back