Is Chase “K1” Hooper the best striker in the UFC?

NO, but he is improving rapidly. I've been a fan of his basically since his first UFC fight. A few more years, he is going to be a dangerous fighter for anyone.
He is a very heady fighter, and you can tell he loves the game.
He is going to be a contender at LW for years to come, he is very high on my list of fighters must watch.

No. The ~10m following showed he is meh at striking at best. It was a wild punch that landed on the chin. Will drop anyone.

Just outclassed a high level kick-boxer on the feet and beat him down. In reality he was always hiding those striking skills
K1 Hooper is goated

This was a fight between a dogshit grappler in the other guy and a dogshit striker in hooper. I favoured Hooper because the other guy's so bad, as bad as it gets when it comes to grappling in UFC.

With that said, that girl in commentating has got to go. That was no tap.

This was a fight between a dogshit grappler in the other guy and a dogshit striker in hooper. I favoured Hooper because the other guy's so bad, as bad as it gets when it comes to grappling in UFC.

He’s the final form of Ben Asken

chase is not a dogshit striker, and hasn't been for at least a year, he has reached competent to good level. He has made major strides across the board as a striker, and has size and length to be very high-level. His chin is also very solid.

I know Askren sold out at the end with Jake Paul and stuff, but in his prime, he was a beast. Hooper will never be.

skyiyxgapfaqxhb.20120405222728.0.jpg

chase is not a dogshit striker, and hasn't been for at least a year, he has reached competent to good level. He has made major strides across the board as a striker, and has size and length to be very high-level. His chin is also very solid.

lol very high level

good luck to the guy. If anything, credit to UFC. Been trying to match him up almost the way they did for Sugar O'Malley.

The grappling was BEAUTIFUL.

I personally LOVE seeing someone utilize the "gift wrap" so effectively, that is one of my favorite techniques.

Slavi Claus has heart and did not quit, and I don't believe he was tapping, but the right man won and could have EASILY had the TKO called on multiple occasions in that fight.

Slavi gonna look like a fucking unicorn tonight.

Respect to both warriors, Chase had quite a showing tonight.

Salsa boy antics against Arlovski makes me still hate him. I hope he gets his ass handed to him!

There has been a noticeable improvement in striking each time we see Hooper fight. By the time he's 27-28 he could have very formidable skills on the feet to go along with his outstanding grappling.

I know Askren sold out at the end with Jake Paul and stuff, but in his prime, he was a beast. Hooper will never be.

skyiyxgapfaqxhb.20120405222728.0.jpg

U must be trolling lol ...

Askren was a one trick pony ...who got a present from the UFC in his " win" over lawler ...

Askren got slapped around by everyone decent he fought and then got flatlined by a YouTuber

U must be trolling lol ...

Askren was a one trick pony ...who got a present from the UFC in his " win" over lawler ...

Askren got slapped around by everyone decent he fought and then got flatlined by a YouTuber

there was a time in the past when people were not high on Covington, to some extent Usman and people were talking up Woodley.

I kept telling everyone Usman and Covington is better than Woodley and they didn't listen.

I was high on those two long before they got big.

Askren would've beaten Covington. Askren sold out. It is what it is.

Match ups make fights.

there was a time in the past when people were not high on Covington, to some extent Usman and people were talking up Woodley.

I kept telling everyone Usman and Covington is better than Woodley and they didn't listen.

I was high on those two long before they got big.

Askren would've beaten Covington. Askren sold out. It is what it is.

Match ups make fights.

Askren would of been picked apart from Colby...for a 50-45 boring ass decision in which we would then have to listen Colby Yap about how he left Askren in a pool of his own blood..and how hes the greatest...

Askren would of been picked apart from Colby...for a 50-45 boring ass decision in which we would then have to listen Colby Yap about how he left Askren in a pool of his own blood..and how hes the greatest...

nah. Askren would've been able to make Colby wrestle. As good as Colby is, Askren is better.

Back