Is Cerrone the ultimate lw test?

FastTracker

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
After another dominant victory against a very good fighter, Cerrone has reach the Fitch and Okami spot in his division. Is Cerrone the most dificult test in the LW division? (not counting the champ)

Well he's knocked three prospects down the ladder and smoked two journeymen so yes.

Well, looks like Cerrone reached post-Pettis-before-RDA Henderson level. A guy who will never earn a second chance to face the champion but who will defeat everybody else. Right now Pettis and RDA are scheduled to fight. Cerrone lost to both of them, so I guess he has to fight Nurmagomedov or do trilogy with Henderson.

The annoying thing is I don't see where he goes from here.

His game is so refined to his skill set. I honestly don't really see him getting markedly better at any one discipline. With cowboy now its all about polishing his skills and making sure he is mentally there during training/fight.

I have no idea who he can fight now though. Perhaps Bendo if he beats Eddie, Khabib, Thomson(if he gets a win), or gil( if he gets a win).

The annoying thing is I don't see where he goes from here.

IMO, he has 2 options:
a- Keep fighting top 10 fighters ( Thompson,Gil,Khabib,etc) and wait untill he gets a title shot,which i can't see in the near future
b- Follow the Faber route, fight anyone, even lower ranked guys,top 15-20

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back