Movies Is Blade still the best character Marvel movie?

Simple Southerner

Etriviere By Hermes Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
I like me some X-men, Spiderman, the Avengers, and even Iron Man when it comes to older and newer Marvel movies.

However there's something about Blade that just clicks no matter how long it's been. I decided to rewatch the Blade trilogy and despite the first movie being made in the 90's, it has a better plot, better acting, and great fight scenes that Marvel just hasn't managed to top yet. Wesley Snipes pulled off the character in ways no one else has ever been able to, the fights are well done, and the vampire theme really hits home.

It doesn't surprise me that this was the movie that put Marvel on the map in cinema. It was because of Blades success that we even have the MCU in the first place. I find it insulting that Marvel refuses to let Wesley Snipes return to his role as Blade, but that seems to be mostly a Disney decision so nothing can be done.

They just don't make action scenes like what's in this clip anymore, especially with Marvel movies.

Wolverine is the only character that is as watchable as Blade

Was there ever a What If or anything Blade and Wolfie met?

no. but @John Mabrey likes him some blade (muscular black men and all). the first two were really good.

logan is a great character.

i'd rather fuck black widow tho

He's a really good character and Blade is one of the best superhero movies. His relationship with Whistler was as good if not better than any similar relationship in any Marvel movie. The stunts and action were as good as it gets and Snipes really made the role his own. The CGI is really dated but that's forgivable, and it's used sparingly.

The conflicts Blade is presented with are more interesting than any I can recall from any Marvel film. The nature of what he is, his decision to conditionally spare the girl, his ethical conflicts with Whistler, these are just a few of the layers that few if any Marvel film has.

It's a fantastic action movie but it's so much more than that. They immediately realized a cinematic world of vampires that was both believable and exciting.

I wouldn't say best but he helped usher in future Marvel movies. Now i like Blade, but Hulk and Black panther are some of my fave.

Yeah I agree. Blade Trinity sucked though. I have high expectations for X-force; tired of the usual Avengers/X-men characters.

@Clippy

hoM5xcM.png

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back