Is Bigfoot's acromegaly an advantage or disadvantage?

Tentacle

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
You can read about Bigfoots syndrome here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Acromegaly

I can see that some advantages might come from having this syndrome. First of all it lowers your testosterone level - that should be a bad thing but maybe not in the era of TRT. Im not saying that he does, but it could give him an execuse to have a higher year around testosterone level(but still below the limits).

Another advantage that I can think of is that the increased amount of cartilage in the face and a more massive jaw etc might be better to absorb trauma(?). Heavier hands also means more KO power(eventhou he also could get slower).

One mig disavantage that I can see is that he is carrying all this extra "useless" weight which could have been musclemass instead.

What do you think?

Disadvantage. If you see him outside of the cage and meet him you will know what I am talking about. I've met him twice and both times he was walking with a cane.

It causes a lot of problems with joints and what not. Just look at the dramatic transformation of Hong Man Choi before and after his surgery.

Its a disadvantage, odds are he will die at a youger age than the average person w/o acromegaly.

Doesn't it reduce your life span. I could be wrong but i read that about Andre the Giant

Seems like it will be an advantage for a period of time, makes him constantly bigger and stronger than opponents - but it will eventually lead to him dying young, which is too bad.

It causes a lot of problems with joints and what not. Just look at the dramatic transformation of Hong Man Choi before and after his surgery.

Was going to say this. Everyone I've ever seen with it ends up with mobility issues.

The fact that something is wrong with your physique is already a disadvantage. Bigfoot looks like a little not normal to me, the proportion of his body and face is a little not balanced IMO.

Seems like it will be an advantage for a period of time, makes him constantly bigger and stronger than opponents

tumblr_metxpghQOV1ry1rm7o1_400.gif

cain-bigfoot-bloodbath.jpg

dissadvantage imo

ive never seen the Arlovski fight, how did he outbox him??

Any body type can be an advantage or a disadvantage depending on how you use it.

don't quote me on this but i heard that people in this condition have huge penises

so its an advantage i guess :wink:

One thing I've noticed about athletes that suffer from this disorder is that they seem to have excellent stamina for guys of their size. This could be due to larger lungs--every acromegalic has been quite barrel chested.

That's the only possible "advantage" I can think of.

Disadvantage.

Too much bone weight which slows him down and make it hard for him to cut to the HW limit.

Considering it is a pretty serious disease, I am going to take a wild stab in the dark and say disadvantage.

I wonder what he looked like before he had it.

dissadvantage imo

ive never seen the Arlovski fight, how did he outbox him??

Bigfoot had good timing but also Andrei was kinda scared to engage, he did pretty much nothing and always had his back against the cage.

I'd have to say it's a disadvantage. I've known a man for going on 9 years with the same condition and he has side effects such as blurred vision and painful joints. His movements are much more lumbering and he's admittedly slower than before the onset of the disease in his late 20's. He's had to have multiple surgeries and while he's perfectly fine doing normal movements at regular speeds his reflexes seem to fall off quickly.

Back