Is big brown retired?

Megatronlee

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
He's been podcasting a lot And dosent talk about fighting much. What's up with him?

The podcast has done well, and they're selling shirts. So long as he's able to make a living not getting put to sleep, I think he's defacto retired.

He's said as much on the podcast.

Not feeling it anymore, knows he is looking at a paycut out there too, so sounds like he's trying to take other avenues. Good luck to him.

He said on JRE that he wouldn't go to boxing practice even if you'd pay him to.

So there's that

Yes he is retarded.

Oh you said retired. Not sure about that one.

He said he was only going to fight again if he got a big name/big money fight. He also expressed disappointment with the reebok deal

So he isn't definitely retired but I doubt he'll get what he wants

He's big, he's brown, and he's retired...!

Coming soon in a theatre near you.

He said he makes a lot more money podcasting/selling shirts/espn/other stuff than he does fighting, due to the Reebok deal... so he's kinda maybe sorta almost retired.

Making more money selling those crappy shirts

The way he's been bashing the UFC lately. Makes me think he's not planning on going back to work.

He's probably making way more via podcasting and merch sales than he ever made through fighting alone. He's been on the receiving end of some pretty stiff KO's and could probably use the time off to recharge anyways. Sometimes with fighters, especially those who have had their brains rattled, it's important to take time off simply to recharge. Most simply don't have that option. Schaub does. I doubt he's fully retired because he probably believes that he has a run left and honestly, it's not even that crazy. Look at Arlovski and Mir, two dudes with thousands of miles on their respective odometers who have also been conspicuously starched. As crazy as it sounds, 32 year old Big Brown is still a young buck by HW standards and in that division, all it takes is two big wins to vault oneself into contender status.

"You can't get Big Brown for $10k" - Big Brown

He's been podcasting a lot And dosent talk about fighting much. What's up with him?

What do you mean What's up with him? His legions of troll accounts and friends posts 3-4 threads A DAY regarding him.

Nobody cares, but he does a damn good job trolling to remain relevant. A better job then Sonnen's crew.

He said he makes a lot more money podcasting/selling shirts/espn/other stuff than he does fighting, due to the Reebok deal... so he's kinda maybe sorta almost retired.

I know one time when I checked top sports podcast on my iphone his was listed #1. But I didn't know there was good money in that? Interesting.

well he's saying a lot of shit about UFC/Reebok lately so may as well retire from the UFC

Not gonna lie, I would laugh if they unmasked him in Bellator some Friday night.

But it's probably better for everyone he stick to podcasting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back