Is Arizona Sen. John McCain still opposed to MMA like he was during the early days of the UFC?

RNC&Poke

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
I remember him as being one of the biggest opponents of MMA, he would refer to it as human cockfighting and if I remember correctly he even wanted MMA outlawed.

I don't know if his stance on the sport changed once it started being regulated by state athletic commisions and the development of unified rules. Was wondering if someone could please shed some light on this subject for me.

Was just thinking to myself if he was still strongly opposed to it than the MMA community probably dodged a huge bullet when Barack Obama was elected the 44th president of the USA. What do you Sherdoggers think?

Last edited:
He was against no holds barred MMA and some of the early rules. He's went on record saying he respects the sport now.

This is the man who unleashed Sarah Palin on the world - his opinion isn't worth anything.

He's as old as shit now, he has no idea what MMA even is,

NHB wasn't a sport, it was a spectacle.. a beautiful spectacle. We hated McCain back in the day.. I still hold a grudge because there almost wasn't MMA due to him.

Back