• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Is anyone interested in watching Francis Ngannou box?

Is anyone interested in watching Francis Ngannou box?

• Total voters
i mean, yeah, but i don't have much confidence he'd be that good at it.

I'd rather see top boxers box other top boxers. I'd rather see top MMA fighters fight other top MMA fighters.

In the odd chance I want to see an MMA fighter box, it's when they have a very clear aptitude for boxing and decide to cross over at a young enough age, train out of a legitimate gym and work their way up to see how far they can go, the closest thing to that we ever had was Ryan Ford but he was already pushing 33 by the time he transitioned to boxing, he won his first 14 fights and even beat a former Olympic gold Medalist in Manus Boonjumung and a former title challenger in Robert Berridge but by around 35-36 he was in the deep end and too old and just became mostly a record padder for solid talent. I'd love to see high level boxers try coming over at 18-25 and building themselves up into an mma fighter proper but that also doesn't make sense. We've had a few real good amateur boxers but nothing too crazy.

But yeah? These novelty fights like Floyd vs Conor or Fury vs Ngannou are great losses, they don't really answer any questions or progress anything, they're attention and money grabs for the sake of it. It just feels like a waste of time and talent to me.
Ryan Ford was, unfortunately, wasted potential. I went to junior high with him. In wrestling class, our 200 plus pound gym instructor had trouble moving him when he was 13. He was also a very fast sprinter. Eventually, he kind of fell in with the wrong crowd, and I feel like that held him back from truly taking advantage of his genetics.

Although Ngannou will likely get destroyed, I never count out people who are athletically gifted!

Wouldnt pay a dime for it, lets Just leave it there.

Can't believe so many people voted no
I mean sure he might not beat any good boxer but who wouldn't want to watch him try:confused:

I would much rather see him defend the UFC title than watch him get tuned up by a boxer. Best case scenario for a guy like him is he lands a knockdown/knockout punch very early on, off of some wild sequence most likely. Can't blame a guy for taking the life changing payday though, so he's gotta do what is best for him., UFC needs to pay these guys more.

I’m not interested in paying to bare witness to the obvious and seeing him get flattened. However,I will check out the gif once Mr. @KazDibiase posts them up and partake in the inevitable shoop/heckling theads.
<JackieThumbsUp>

Nope. Wish the guy well and hope he makes his cash. But no interest in watching a bad boxer box.

I'd be interested in seeing him start a boxing career, not just jump in with Fury

I'd like to see how far he could get, beating up some cans then taking on journeymen, etc.

Mma vs boxing is way overplayed after the Mayweather and Jake Paul stuff. I'm not sure these poll results reflect people willing to buy the high PPV cost buyrate to see Ngannou box a top boxer to lose.

I'd definitely watch it. Bunch of sourpusses on here.

It's entertainment, stop taking it all so serious.

If he boxes any of the dudes he has mentioned (Tyson Fury, Anthony Joshua, Deontay Wilder) he is going to end up face down on the mat. I have no interest in those fights happening.

Yes if it’s against Fury. Otherwise I couldn’t care less.

If he boxes any of the dudes he has mentioned (Tyson Fury, Anthony Joshua, Deontay Wilder) he is going to end up face down on the mat. I have no interest in those fights happening.

He'd also get the biggest payday of his life. Go for it! Let him fight! Give him a chance - he wants it!

you do understand he had an injury that compromised his movements, right?
not saying he would beat a boxer, but fighting Gane is not even close to the same thing.

While it may of to a degree, I don't think it made a big difference. Honestly he has been pretty plodding in most of fights, just has dynamite in the fists. Also when big guys like him have serious knee injuries they rarely recover to be who they were, let alone a few years from 40. His best fighting days are behind him IMO. We saw prime Francis, now we will see the decline, probably a rapid one considering how long it takes him between fights.

I'll probably watch, but mainly because I already pay for a service which will have that fight, wherever they wind up doing it.

While it may of to a degree, I don't think it made a big difference. Honestly he has been pretty plodding in most of fights, just has dynamite in the fists. Also when big guys like him have serious knee injuries they rarely recover to be who they were, let alone a few years from 40. His best fighting days are behind him IMO. We saw prime Francis, now we will see the decline, probably a rapid one considering how long it takes him between fights.
nah, you are missing a lot of things here.
He did not stay out because of his injury. He purposedly delayed his operation, then took his time recuperating, because his contract ended only in December.
Only then he could fully negotiate anything outside the UFC.
They also bid his time negotiating with the UFC.

Only now, after negotiations are over, that he might be in more of a hurry to fight, since if he doesn't fight, he does not get paid...(though he probably now can have endorsements, do more adds, etc.).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
romanych
Back