Is anyone else fascinated by the Renaissance period?

Yeah of course you prefer rome since you ran the world
Well, that's surely part of the cocktail but it's more than that... aside liking all roman badass stuff, Rome just shaped up whole west during and even after it's fall

You can even see big parallels between the very late decadent roman empire and current west lol

Renassaince itself would not have existed if they did'nt had Rome as ideal and the concept of centuries following the fall of the empire as dark ages

But renassaince and the age of condottieri was cool too, i like how different each city-state was and plenty interessing shit happened

Certainly the Renaissance produced a lot of great art and was an important period for the development of art and music. Stating that it contained "near enough all the greatest artists that ever lived" reeks of ignorance.

The only thing the renaissance period taught me is that men back then had microscopic genitalia.

Certainly the Renaissance produced a lot of great art and was an important period for the development of art and music. Stating that it contained "near enough all the greatest artists that ever lived" reeks of ignorance.

I took it as excited hyperbole! Which I enjoy.

It is a great period, that’s for sure.

“All the goats are from one era and it’s THIS” is a typical Sherdog argument, I think it comes from imagining prime Royce vs McGregor and stuff like that

Black Plague and Renaissance are like two extremes of possibility in experiencing a particular way of life. Similar rules and technology, different circumstances. I find thinking about it sort of mesmerizing.

Sort of like how industrialized life can look (in the west) vs how it has looked in Germany or Russia, or during our own little plagues.

I think Filippo Brunelleschi is really under appreciated, not just his architecture but his development of linear perspective which gives art the illusion of space. His system is still taught to artists today. As mentioned earlier the Duomo in Florence is incredible, he was architect and construction supervisor. If I remember correctly he developed the technique of laying the bricks in such a way to make building a dome possible.

michelangelo_last-judgement_skin.jpg

laatsteoordeel_detail1.jpg

This is the time when almost all people are artisans of their craft, unlike today where most are tiktokers and vloggers with no talents whatsoever.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back