Is Amir "King" Khan P4P one of the most skill boxers we have today ?

khan fought a dumb fight. why did he decide to stand in fornt of garcia after the first 2 rounds ? i think the pre fight taunting from angel got to him ,and he wanted to prove a point or something

and lol at people thinking garcia " adapted " , khan could've easily fought on the back foot like he did against maidana.

and lol at people thinking garcia " adapted " , khan could've easily fought on the back foot like he did against maidana.

Khan pretty much fought on the backfoot for large parts of his Molina fight and even then Molina managed to tag Khan with hooks on multiple occasions during that bout. Thankfully for team Khan, he was an undersized and featherfisted opponent so no harm was done.

Khan is simply vulnerable to that left hook. Against guys like Garcia, that fact leads to his downfall. Fact is, Garcia did adjust. He was throwing that hook since the first round and missed repeatedly (albeit with smaller margins each successive time). Finally, in the third, he found its mark.

Khans performances against Peterson, Garcia, and even the later rounds of the Maidana fight are clear reasons as to why we can't consider him one of the p4p most skilled fighters today. His "jab, jab, in, out" strategy is too well known and he has yet to display the ability to adapt, switch it up, or beat capable in-fighters.

Garcia gets everyone with that hook. I think Garcia is terrible from the outside but hes a very good inside fighter IMO.

Garcia gets everyone with that hook. I think Garcia is terrible from the outside but hes a very good inside fighter IMO.

Wait, isn't this a newer weapon he has improved upon?

Against Khan and Morales...the same identical shot.

Fact is, Garcia did adjust. He was throwing that hook since the first round and missed repeatedly (albeit with smaller margins each successive time). Finally, in the third, he found its mark.

How does that show he adapted? He just kept throwing it until it landed. Against a truly skilled vet, that approached does not work. If Morales was not so old, he would have proved it does not work, despite being 3-4 weight classes above his prime.

Back