Is all Whey the same?

TheGambler13

Green Belt
Reaction score
I am a noob to supplements, and I lift with some guys and they said Whey would not be a bad idea? There are like 50 different companies that make whey protein. Is any one of these better than the other or is it all the same. I apologize if this is a dead topic. Thanks in advance.

plain microfiltered whey isolate, which is the best whey, is basically the same between the handful of manufacturers that make it. every sports company then mixes it with cheaper ingredients and flavors and additives to dress it up and try to differentiate from the competition. probably the best plain flavored whey is ON 100% or 100% natural or NOW foods isolate.

Just a note. It is pretty safe to say that nothing with hundreds of options is the same. There would be no point in 80 different brands having 5+ lines of protein each if they were all the same.

Just a note. It is pretty safe to say that nothing with hundreds of options is the same. There would be no point in 80 different brands having 5+ lines of protein each if they were all the same.

True but thats not to say that all of the differences are sizable,i don't think it would be unexpected from a company especially in the fitness industry to make a minimal change to a product in order to rebrand it to try and improve sales.

TrueProtein alone carries like 6 different types of whey, ranging from $6/lb to $29/lb. To reiterate, no, all whey is not the same.

Back