Is a Wavemaster XXL suitable for an apartment?

I have a wavemaster that I've been using for about 4 months. It works pretty decently so far but it does move around a lot and and it was loud as hell on my wood floor. I moved it to the basement and stuck it against the wall with something between the wall and the bag base and it doesn't move as much now. Also if you get one fill it with sand, it moves a lot more with water.
Depending on how big your place is check out the prices on heavy bag stands. Buy a stand, hang a bag on it and there you go. I wish I had bought a bag and stand and not a wavemaster.

I kicked one yesterday and it made a shitload of noise. It was a regular version, not the XXL, but I don't know how much quieter the XXL would be.

What I don't like about bags and stands is usually there are a couple of support posts out front on the frame and the thought of clipping that peg with my bare foot (guaranteed to break toes) gives me chills. Of course, the Wavemaster doesn't even allow for lower kicks. A decent Thai bag hanging about 6-12" off the floor would be idea and realistic for height, but I just don't know a frame that can accomdate that and allow for low kicks.

We have afew of these at the training facility at my employers offices and they do suck. Its only water so when you kick it it does move alot and produce alot of noise. They are also messy as the caps come out often and spill after it has been used regularly for a while.

IF I decide to get one, I'm definitely filling it with sand. I also thought about concrete powder right out of the bag. That would surely be heavier yet.

Wet sand would probably give it some real weight, but I don't know if the plug is airtight. If that shit would mildew, God forbid you ever open that plug and take a good whiff of that smell. :eek:

Heavybag is definetly a better idea.

No doubt, but I don't think I could find a suitable frame structure. I talked to the maintenance guy this afternoon, since he's pretty cool and he said that the ceiling has steell studs so it would be difficult to do much as far as hanging a bag.

Back