• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Is “tippy toes” Penn the worst fighting stance of all time?

46b1703b78e792b5af62d139d5a57ed1.gif

Just kick, guaranteed the guy crouching will try to block making the kick legal. No one will sit there with their hands down hoping for a dq when someone is trying to punt their head into the crowd

that's exactly what vitor did :)

Try explaining to people who are casuals that that guy tip toeing like a retard used to be the best MMA fighter int he world and you will realise how backward MMA striking actually is lol

It's laughable to compare these guys to boxers

Except The best BJ would be smashed by top 30 lightweights today. He fought jens pulver and Sean Sherk for god sake

I still believe he was either throwing the fight to get back at someone or lost a bet with someone and the payment was him having to fight like that.

I can't reasonably believe he had time to think and decided that would be an effective way to fight. Most confusing shit I've ever seen in the octagon. You would think a 5 year old talked to him before he got to the cage and convinced him that "if you stand up really tall you'll be too tall for him to hit you cause he is short".

JealousHelpfulCutworm-max-1mb.gif

BJ Penn was being emo and punishing himself in that fight. He was depressed cuz that was his
retirement fight" and he was just letting Frankie beat him up on purpose. Even Frankie was like "wtf?" during the fight. I could sense it. It was awkward. Then he unretired anyway and lost to Siver, yair, etc

He should do a final retirement fight against khabib.

Didn’t he stop doing that nonsense when Vitor almost did just that? I can’t remember him doing that since.

belfortkickufc152.gif
Somewhere there is a universe where this kick landed and knocked Jones out cold. That day the parallel universe sherdog crashed for a looooong time.

A man can dream...

Somewhere there is a universe where this kick landed and knocked Jones out cold. That day the parallel universe sherdog crashed for a looooong time.

A man can dream...
Wow. JBJ was playing with death there. That's a cobra strike from Machida he is dodging. I can almost feel the breeze from it just watching it.

I didn't either, but I knew that he was going to get his shit pushed in 20 seconds into the fight.
I was thinking "wow, penn is a true genius! He's making Edgar think he's fucking moron so he can set him up!, oh wait, what? fuck!"

His footwork has never really been the best... Maybe he was trying to incorporate a wonderboy/MVP type movement but just wasn't that good at it?

idk i have no idea either.
I read his thoughts on it. He said that it was to conserve his gas tank by not using up leg muscles in a lower stance. He's lazy or just really stupid.

Wow. JBJ was playing with death there. That's a cobra strike from Machida he is dodging. I can almost feel the breeze from it just watching it.
But... but... That’s Vitor Belfort

<{danawhoah}>

Back