Iran's female ninja team training video!

First of all, Iran doesn't have a gun problem. Tons of thugs pulling knife though.

So these female ninjas are going to be carrying around ninja swords?

We have already seen the wave of MMA fighters who are all about being jacked and hard hitting. New wave was about footwork, flexibility and having coordination

Didn't see any footwork in that Ninja video. Guess you could could say they're being flexible, but its not the type of flexibility that's that'd win a fight... to the death.

Can't say there was any footwork of note.

I feel like you are stuck in MMA circa of early to mid-2000s with guys slamming their shin in the bags and going hard in sparring. We saw that those type of fighters end up having injuries and becoming decrepit in their late 30s or early 40s. I mean we have seen GSP taking gymnastic lessons and that's because flexibility and better body movement keeps you in a better state of life.

'I feel like you' like putting words in others mouths and then making arguments for those words they didn't actually say.

Its a common tactic for those that know they have a weak argument.

Also these girls are not going to fight a prime Fedor either, they have enough training and movement as well as weapon wielding to deal with the common thug.

And unless they have a ninja sword in their hands against knife-wielding thugs, they probably have just a big of a chance as their own eye witness testimony being taken seriously at a rape trial in a Sharia court.

So these female ninjas are going to be carrying around ninja swords?

Didn't see any footwork in that Ninja video. Guess you could could say they're being flexible, but its not the type of flexibility that's that'd win a fight... to the death.

Can't say there was any footwork of note.

'I feel like you' like putting words in others mouths and then making arguments for those words they didn't actually say.

Its a common tactic for those that know they have a weak argument.

And unless they have a ninja sword in their hands against knife-wielding thugs, they probably have just a big of a chance as their own eye witness testimony being taken seriously at a rape trial in a Sharia court.

See this is the problem with you, I was giving an example of evolution of MMA which went from hard brutish training to more finesse. From it, you are now hung up about footwork. The idea is that evolution of MMA opened doors and welcomed to new aspect of training which includes footwork. I never mentioned Iranian female Ninjas have great footwork.

Regarding " I feel like you" is not meant at putting words in others mouth. In fact its the opposite, it means you are giving off that impression and you are more than welcome to reject that notion if you can provide a rebuttal as to why not. Now if I were to say things like "you are one of those people" then you are correct to assume that I am putting words in peoples mouth.

As far as the training goes, I said its decent and not perfect, you can re-read the quote. That being said, you cant deny the fact that being able to jump duck, crawl and spin are ineffective. Real life is not MMA/boxing/kickboxing. People can hit you below the belt and shit gets unpredictable, being able to move in variety of ways may give them a chance to evade.

Another thing regarding historic ninjas, not all of them were fighters or warriors. Some specialized in intel gathering or espionage. This meant some went on a mission to collect information or spy on the enemy and have the ability to escape using their acrobatic moves and they were not well trained for physical confrontation or violent encounters.

In all seriousness I am actually somewhat surprised to see them being trained in an in-depth way. Decent training. I just don't agree with the entry of their throws but everything else seems decent:

I guess assassins originated in Persia so it kind of makes sense.

There are actually 180 ninjas in that video even if you only saw two dozen or so.

See this is the problem with you

Great way to start off a convincing argument.

I was giving an example of evolution of MMA which went from hard brutish training to more finesse. From it, you are now hung up about footwork. The idea is that evolution of MMA opened doors and welcomed to new aspect of training which includes footwork. I never mentioned Iranian female Ninjas have great footwork.

Then please point out anything in that video that displays any realistic credibility in a combat scenario.

Since we can remove footwork from the conversation, since they're not allowed to show their feet.

Regarding " I feel like you" is not meant at putting words in others mouth. In fact its the opposite, it means you are giving off that impression and you are more than welcome to reject that notion if you can provide a rebuttal as to why not.

Read this again.

Do I need to point out how you contradicted yourself?

Now if I were to say things like "you are one of those people" then you are correct to assume that I am putting words in peoples mouth.

How about 'you are giving that impression?'

Sounds damn near close to 'you are one of those people.'

Another thing regarding historic ninjas, not all of them were fighters or warriors. Some specialized in intel gathering or espionage. This meant some went on a mission to collect information or spy on the enemy and have the ability to escape using their acrobatic moves and they were not well trained for physical confrontation or violent encounters.

Very true.

Perhaps those Iranian ninjas should work on those, rather than flashy gymnastics with weapons.

Great way to start off a convincing argument.

Then please point out anything in that video that displays any realistic credibility in a combat scenario.

Since we can remove footwork from the conversation, since they're not allowed to show their feet.

Read this again.

Do I need to point out how you contradicted yourself?

How about 'you are giving that impression?'

Sounds damn near close to 'you are one of those people.'

Very true.

Perhaps those Iranian ninjas should work on those, rather than flashy gymnastics with weapons.

Its true though, based on what you wrote, you are having a problem communicating rationality. This is not an insult or name calling, I am simply pointing it out. Like I mentioned in the previous post, feel free to offer a rebuttal.

"you are giving that impression" is not damn near close to " you are one of those people" the latter is a foregone conclusion while the former is an act of questioning or giving off an impression. With the former you can offer a rebuttal as to explain your point.

As far as how they can be used in combat, these moves make the body more functional. They become better abled bodies as I mentioned before. Push ups, dead lifts, squats don't give you fighting skills but they enhance your formidability. In this particular case, these women are not getting ready for an MMA fight, they are training to have diverse athletic abilities.

So now I wont say you have been brainwashed but rather I will ask you a question, do you feel that the Thai Boxing/BJJ and MMA are superior substitute?

If you could give them a training program, what would it be and how would you feel its superior to what they are doing in regards to specific scenarios?

Regarding the last point, you cant train all day long. I am sure they study espionage and other aspects aside from their physical training.

Its true though, based on what you wrote, you are having a problem communicating rationality. This is not an insult or name calling, I am simply pointing it out. Like I mentioned in the previous post, feel free to offer a rebuttal.

I don't respond to 'Oh you must believe' posts.

Recently in the heavies I commented that the women's 125 pound division is more shallow than a kiddie pool, and someone responded with 'Oh, you must believe Valentina is a horrible champion.'

<StannisFrown>

"you are giving that impression" is not damn near close to " you are one of those people" the latter is a foregone conclusion while the former is an act of questioning or giving off an impression. With the former you can offer a rebuttal as to explain your point.

Same as above.

Perhaps you should form a better argument about this topic than attempt to change the topic to one in which you feel you have a stronger argument for.

As far as how they can be used in combat, these moves make the body more functional. They become better abled bodies as I mentioned before. Push ups, dead lifts, squats don't give you fighting skills but they enhance your formidability. In this particular case, these women are not getting ready for an MMA fight, they are training to have diverse athletic abilities.

They're training to be in a shitty ninja movie.

So now I wont say you have been brainwashed but rather I will ask you a question, do you feel that the Thai Boxing/BJJ and MMA are superior substitute?

Freaking Tae Quon Doe is a superior substitute.
<Dany07>

If you could give them a training program, what would it be and how would you feel its superior to what they are doing in regards to specific scenarios?

Lets go with what you suggested, Thai boxing & BJJ.

Regarding the last point, you cant train all day long. I am sure they study espionage and other aspects aside from their physical training.

Yes, I'm sure Iranian female ninjas would be superb at espionage.

I was thinking the same thing. I can only assume the worse in this situation.
I’m pretty sure it’s Iranian men (Muslims) who are forcing them to do this. Idk, I didn’t watch the video. But I’m pretty sure if the men had an issue with it, and it was something happening in Iran, then it would not be happening anymore.

I don't respond to 'Oh you must believe' posts.

Recently in the heavies I commented that the women's 125 pound division is more shallow than a kiddie pool, and someone responded with 'Oh, you must believe Valentina is a horrible champion.'

<StannisFrown>

Same as above.

Perhaps you should form a better argument about this topic than attempt to change the topic to one in which you feel you have a stronger argument for.

They're training to be in a shitty ninja movie.

Freaking Tae Quon Doe is a superior substitute.
<Dany07>

Lets go with what you suggested, Thai boxing & BJJ.

Yes, I'm sure Iranian female ninjas would be superb at espionage.

Fair enough with the language selection, I will refrain from being presumptuous. Now lets talk about the martial arts aspect.

Here is the thing, with MMA based martial arts like Muay Thai and BJJ is the fact that it requires you to make direct confrontation with the individual. With Ninjitsu type martial arts, you learn weapons, you learn to role and break fall as well as jump and climb which are an asset in police work.

Lets say you are giving chance to a criminal, you have to be able to jump over objects and avoid running in to people by having the ability to change directions in moments notice and to duck, dodge or take cover behind a dumpster. I feel that their training is not in vain and it serves a very important purpose that is as valuable as MMA training.

Fair enough with the language selection, I will refrain from being presumptuous. Now lets talk about the martial arts aspect.

Thank you.

Here is the thing, with MMA based martial arts like Muay Thai and BJJ is the fact that it requires you to make direct confrontation with the individual. With Ninjitsu type martial arts, you learn weapons, you learn to role and break fall as well as jump and climb which are an asset in police work.

Lets say you are giving chance to a criminal, you have to be able to jump over objects and avoid running in to people by having the ability to change directions in moments notice and to duck, dodge or take cover behind a dumpster. I feel that their training is not in vain and it serves a very important purpose that is as valuable as MMA training.

Caught your post as I was going to bed. I'll respond to it tomorrow.

In all seriousness I am actually somewhat surprised to see them being trained in an in-depth way. Decent training. I just don't agree with the entry of their throws but everything else seems decent:

fuck me, the sandwiches in their kitchens must be really dangerous if they have to dress and train like that!

{<jordan}

Yeah, so a kid that takes tumbling classes would probably kick the ass of a lazy kid in a fight.

But a kid trained to fight would kick tumbling kid's ass.

See where I'm getting at?

True. But let's be real here, a regular lazy slob dude would most likely beat the crap out of Ronda and Cyborg in a real world fight. So what's the harm in giving these women some athletic training that will help their confidence and self esteem tremendously? I think it's kind of cool. Even though my first thought was this doesn't look like ninja training, this looks like somebody that's watched a bunch of ninja movies idea of ninja training. They even had "ninja" swords in the video, and I keep hearing that real ninjas never used swords like that ever. They used samurai swords. But my point is it's still a good thing imo that these chicks can do this kind of stuff. Especially in Iran.

Back