Ipod ear-buds for cauliflower ear?

sharkbite1979

White Belt
Reaction score
Well, after years of Judo and MMA, my ears have gotten to the point that they don't cooperate with any ear buds for mp3 players. They just fall out or bounce around outside the ear canal. I haven't been able to jog or workout with music for years because of it. Does anybody know of a company that makes custom or slim ear-buds for those with poofy ears?

I know you can get custom ones, but they run about $700. I haven't heard anything about this kit but it might be worth a shot for the price (if you can get the buds in the canal). Good luck!

fwiw, I picked up a pair of skullcandy earbuds the other day, that came with multiple sized rubber dealies to fit different sized ears...
might be worth a look.

I use the shure e2's that also came with multiple sizes of plastic things for different sizes, those are about $100 and they sound really good.

but you can look into sensaphonics or ultimat ears that make them custom to the shape of your ear, but they're much pricier. that's what a lot of musicians use onstage

I use a pair of KOSS buds with the foam things you twist and stick into your ears.

They only cost like $20 and work great.

i have the exact same problem-- cant get them inside my ear hole

you should buy outer ear clip ons-- the so much better-- i go running in these and lift weights with them --they are comfy and never move or fall off

31nANJkFh6L._SL500_AA280_.jpg

Thanks guys. That gives me a lot to choose from. I can't believe some of those "ultimate ears" models. $1150 for a musicians set?!?

Thanks guys. That gives me a lot to choose from. I can't believe some of those "ultimate ears" models. $1150 for a musicians set?!?

Well they are custom made for your ears and well they are mainly intended for musicians to wear on stage aside from the innards them self.(I have custom sleeves for a pair of in ear monitors in well they fit like a dream. Besides customs are expensive anyways) If you want an earclip headphone I would recommend the Koss KSC-75. They have great sound quality for the price and can be typically found in a local Radio Shack. Most Universal IEM's should be what you want.(Ultimate ears universal line, Shure, Westone, Etymotic, ect.)

i wish I had the pic but there was a mp3 and earphone advertisement I saw in a magazine in Taiwan of KID with his big cauliflower ears lol.

~Foz@work

I dont know how u guys stick those things in your ear hole-- so uncomfortable

outter ear FTW!!

erybody has different ears i guess-- it doesnt help getting them bashed in either --hehe

Back