News Iole with harsh words for DAZN's Skipper

PHATV

Boss Belt
Platinum Member
Reaction score
John Skipper's epic failure has Canelo Alvarez flexing his muscle at DAZN
https://www.yahoo.com/sports/john-s...rez-flexing-his-muscle-at-dazn-064129780.html

I noticed this section...

"Neither Alvarez, who signed a contract with DAZN last year that was in excess of $300 million for 10 fights, nor Golovkin will be fighting on Mexican Independence Day weekend in Las Vegas this year.

That is nothing more than a failing of Skipper’s leadership. When he signed Golovkin to a deal that paid him more than $100 million as he was moving down the backstretch of his career, Skipper failed to get anything in writing to protect DAZN if Alvarez and Golovkin, for whatever reason, didn’t want to fight each other.

Alvarez and Golovkin deeply dislike each other, much of it emanating from Alvarez’s two failed drug tests in 2018. When Alvarez won their rematch on Mexican Independence Day weekend last year, he gained the upper hand and has been flexing his muscle.

He was refusing to fight Golovkin. On Monday, as Skipper desperately sought to salvage the situation, he approved Sergiy Derevyanchenko as a potential opponent for Alvarez. Alvarez also got Skipper to agree, inexplicably, that he wouldn’t have to fight Golovkin on Cinco de Mayo next year.

Alvarez and Golovkin sold over a million pay-per-views in each of their two fights, and the lure of a rubber match on DAZN was why Skipper signed the 36-year-old Golovkin in April to that $100 million-plus deal.

A show headlined by Alvarez-Golovkin III would be the one that would deliver more new subscribers to DAZN than any other."

Ouch. And wow on DAZN not being able to force Canelo to fight GGG. Why would he fight GGG again, then?
<{vega}>

Shocking and comical blunder. DAZN is fucked if this is the guy running things.

aiEJH.gif

My stupid title. I guess I should have said Canelo slow-rolling GGG, doesn't want cinco de mayo 2020 fight or something. Would've given it a little more pop.

I'm just curious if DAZN really screwed the pooch, here. Seems like you'd call the shots once you signed the $300M deal with the guy, right?
<Fedor23>

Meh, Golovkin vs Canelo 3 is not that exciting of a matchup.

Sports issue across the board. When you pay the talent that many zeroes, what leverage do you have?

Back