1. The official Sherdog Store is back! Check it out! » Discuss it here! »

Television INVINCIBLE *Spoilers* (Dragonlord's Recommendation: "Must-See!"; Renewed for Seasons 2 and 3)

Discussion in 'Mayberry Lounge' started by Dragonlordxxxxx, Jun 19, 2018.

?

If you have seen the entire season one of INVINCIBLE, how would your rate it?

1. 10 - Excellent

33.9%
  2. 9 - Great

38.1%
  3. 8 - Good

16.1%
  4. 7 - Pretty Good

3.4%
  5. 6 - Decent

2.5%
  6. 5 - Average/Meh/Mediocre

3.4%
  7. 4 - Poor

0.8%
  8. 3 - Bad

0.8%
  9. 2 - Terrible

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. 1 - Abysmal

0.8%
  1. BlankaPresident Blue Belt

It's said in that episode that they were stretched thin conquering so many worlds. Their numbers are small for the size of the Empire.

KnightTemplar and GearSolidMetal like this.
  2. Corona GOAT

On episode 7, canber needs to go. Team Eve for life.

JinKazama likes this.
  3. moreorless87 Straba

The difference between destroying a world and ruling it as well, Omiman could do the same thing on earth he did to the Flaxans but a world of ashes wouldnt be worth much to the empire.

KnightTemplar likes this.
  4. SheetsMMAfan Brown Belt

[​IMG]

This was WAY WAY WAY WAY better than I expected. Watched the whole season yesterday with the wife and kids, and thoroughly enjoyed every minute of it. I always love new take on the super hero genre, as this was definitely a cool take on said genre. Easy 9/10, maybe even closer to a 10. Good shit.

Last edited: May 17, 2021
    Archie Goodwin and KnightTemplar like this.
  5. Archie Goodwin Confidential Assistant and Legman Extraordinaire Platinum Member

Bonus points for using Pitch Meeting Producer

KnightTemplar and SheetsMMAfan like this.
  6. Slick_36 Bad Man from Borger, Texas

Such a long lived advanced species would likely be very slow to reproduce, given their fascist tendencies, it was probably controlled by the state before they weeded out the weak.

7. Slick_36 Bad Man from Borger, Texas

Speaking of the name, they joke around that Atom Eve can just go by Eve, like Mark fucked up in his choice. But Vince is a perfectly fine name to go by and is right in the middle of the word.

8. GearSolidMetal I'm here to chew bubblegum and bang your mom. Double Yellow Card

9. heavyarms21 Ryozanpaku Belt

Invincible invading Roman lore now eh

Its funny how "Think Mark Think" has now been a victim of the Mandela Affect , Omni Man only says "Think Mark" he doesn't book end it with the second think.

10. Diogenes of Sinope Pink Belt

Pretty good show. Sooo over the top SJW woke stuff though. Knocks it down a few points for me

Last edited: May 21, 2021
    raty tat tat and Zen. like this.
  11. JDavis Not easy being Green belt Banned

{<doc}
    I appreciate the story direction, fight choreography and the plot arc/paths it branches into but the dialogue is weak. Not sure why everyone puts it over The Boys or other whip-sharp written animated superhero series like batman beyond or Kaley Cuoco's harley quinn TV show

12. raty tat tat Black Belt

Like glad to see this show doing well in the polls.

heavyarms21 and Archie Goodwin like this.
  13. Megatronlee Silver Belt

14. Osculater Red Belt

<36>

15. GearSolidMetal I'm here to chew bubblegum and bang your mom. Double Yellow Card

16. GearSolidMetal I'm here to chew bubblegum and bang your mom. Double Yellow Card

Ok, he's not necessarily wrong, but at least she provided a twist on the 'Wow, I had no idea my boyfriend was a superhero' cliche.

And I haven't read the comics, but I suspect she's going to get killed off at some point. Solidifying his loyalty to Earth against the invaders that kill her. But then again, that'd be a cliche.

So I guess I'm expecting the unexpected.

17. moreorless87 Straba

The biggest weakness of the show is definitely that Mark's school friends feel like a bit of an attempt to pander to "representation" without really knowing/caring much. Amber is a bit of a cliched woke charter, she must work in the community, she must take social studies at uni, etc and these things alone are sposed to make us care about her.

I mean WIlliam as well feels like a bit of a cack handed attempt at the same thing to me whilst ultimately being a pretty cliched "gay best friend", obnoxiously camp and obsessed with sex, wouldnt feel out of place in Will and Grace although he us ultimately more likeble than Amber.

18. HockeyBjj Putting on the foil

So. I just watched Invincible. Binged it in under a week

I'd seen it around. Seen the trailers. Saw the memes. Never looked interesting to me. Looked like just another cliches superhero thing

Don't even know why I decided to flip it on while doing some house cleaning. But then the ending of episode 1 hit. And yeah. I was hooked

Great season, aside from the Amber stuff. Loses half a point for that, and half a point because I wish the ending was a little more ambiguous and not quite as pure evil as it seemed. Left questions of "why even bother saving the earth and people in the past then?"

But yeah. Gonna read back through this thread now and see sherdogger's thoughts. This is comic spoiler free right? I want to avoid future season spoilers.

raty tat tat likes this.
  19. HockeyBjj Putting on the foil

So between a combination of hearing "Adam Eve" not Atom Eve and the X through the female symbol, I spent at least 3 episodes thinking Eve was going to be revealed as a tranny and I am STILL CONVINCED they draw her crotch differently than the other female characters

There's a bulge there

Fedorgasm likes this.
  20. Brandon Wilson Amateur Fighter

I binge watched all 8 episodes in a couple of days. My buddy had been bugging me forever to watch it. The first episode was the only one that was slow......until the final 5 minutes. Then it was HOLY FUCK!!!!! I knew the basic story before hand, and I knew Omni-Man wasn't who he was pretending to be, but I didn't expect that (and so early in the season). After episode 1, it ramped up quickly and I couldn't stop watching it. Solid 10/10. A live action adaptation of this would be bonkers.

raty tat tat likes this.