Invicta FC 7: Honchak vs. Smith DISCUSSION (NOW FREE!) www.invictafc.com

Also re: Leslie Smith. Can't say I've seen any of her fights but why do people love her so much, got a pretty huge ovation out there

For the most part, she is like a machine - just keeps punching and kicking. Nothing stops her and nothing she throws stops the other fighter. So it is non-stop action.

Weigh-in thoughts:

Nina Ansaroff and Julia Budd got serious booty

Claudia Gadehla looks like a female Renan Barao, she looks like a killer

and yikes, Calderwood did not look good at the weigh-ins at all, jet lag or bad weight cut but she looked like she was about to pass out

Also felice herrig irritates me with how hard she tries to sell her sex for attention/press

Also re: Leslie Smith. Can't say I've seen any of her fights but why do people love her so much, got a pretty huge ovation out there

Joanne was absolutely fine at the weigh in. She's got the cut down fine trust me.

She's a little uncomfortable doing anything infront of a crowd that's not fighting.

Joanne was absolutely fine at the weigh in. She's got the cut down fine trust me.

She's a little uncomfortable doing anything infront of a crowd that's not fighting.

i thought she looked great, showing focus as usual.

Some one is smoking serious crack right now. Tecia Torres is now the UNDER dog against Felice. Torres opened as a favorite. Herrig is getting bet like crazy. I just dont see how Herrig wins.

Some one is smoking serious crack right now. Tecia Torres is now the UNDER dog against Felice. Torres opened as a favorite. Herrig is getting bet like crazy. I just dont see how Herrig wins.

Experience is a big factor; you're probably right about the betting, as Felice has a rabid fan base.

This will probably be the best Herrig we have seen. Probably the best Torres as well. Hard for me to pick a winner. I'll be rootin' for Torres. The way Felice acts turns me off a little bit.

I thought Herrig lost her last fight and she has some gift decisions in her record. She should be closer to .500.

Sub Zero MMA
Claudia Gadelha has been forced out of tonight's Invicta FC 7 strawweight title fight vs. @CarlaEsparza1 due to an undisclosed infection.

Oh hell no! This fight (and belt) is cursed...

I wonder if this tweet has anything to do with it

Kaitlin Young ‏@kaitlin_young 1h

In case you were wondering, @InvictaFights does test for performance enhancing drugs. All of the title bouts, plus several randoms.

Young also said that Gadelha's nose was not broken back in January on twitter and Young is very informed on the wmma community.

herrig got this in the bag

her kickboxing is on another level

the fight is not happening with this short of notice. No point in changing the card around and the commission would not allow it since it will be a 5 round title fight.

Not hating on invicta but man the last minute drop offs are crazy. Last card had two.

Katja, Felice and Joanne are all ranked in the top ten, but Katja and Felice are ranked higher than Joanne. Katja is also ranked higher than Carla.

Fair enough, nonetheless I want to see Carla fight one of them tonight.

Carla Esparza vs. Claudia Gadelha should be moved to Invicta FC 8.

Leave the rest of the card as is.

If someone could help me out with when the prelims start? 7pm ET?

I wonder if this tweet has anything to do with it

Sub Zero MMA
Claudia Gadelha has been forced out of tonight's Invicta FC 7 strawweight title fight vs. @CarlaEsparza1 due to an undisclosed infection.

Young also said that Gadelha's nose was not broken back in January on twitter and Young is very informed on the wmma community.

Do you know anything more than that?

Back