Invicta FC 40: Ducote vs. Lima, THURSDAY 7/2, 8 PM ET/5 PM PT PBP Discussion Thread

Who you got?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
did Ducote get her eye punched into a lighter shade of blue?

Kedzie: I like physical blood, I think its cool

Whut?

I like physical blood, I think its cool

200.gif

Quite enjoyable little card to watch in the morning before work.

Goodin Vs Koren I enjoyed a lot, some really fun scrambling. I think both girls will go on to do pretty well. Koren needs to learn to not be too aggressive with her subs and focus on position first, if she'd done that rather than giving up position so easily, I think she could have won.

Expected more from Gallardo, once she couldn't impose the wrestling she didn't have a plan B, solid showing from Cicero to get the win.

Chelsea Chandler looked great, really aggressive, really powerful, good finishing instincts. Can't wait to see her again.

Zap Vs LVZ was a good close fight, I think Zap is too quick to disengage from grappling sometimes and she could have made her life a lot easier had she not done that.

Ducote Vs Lima was okay, Lima was the usual Lima and Ducote adapted well enough to beat her.

Quite enjoyable little card to watch in the morning before work.

Goodin Vs Koren I enjoyed a lot, some really fun scrambling. I think both girls will go on to do pretty well. Koren needs to learn to not be too aggressive with her subs and focus on position first, if she'd done that rather than giving up position so easily, I think she could have won.

Expected more from Gallardo, once she couldn't impose the wrestling she didn't have a plan B, solid showing from Cicero to get the win.

Chelsea Chandler looked great, really aggressive, really powerful, good finishing instincts. Can't wait to see her again.

Zap Vs LVZ was a good close fight, I think Zap is too quick to disengage from grappling sometimes and she could have made her life a lot easier had she not done that.

Ducote Vs Lima was okay, Lima was the usual Lima and Ducote adapted well enough to beat her.

What a lot of it was with Chelsea Chandler was she bumped up 10 pounds from Bantamweight to
Featherweight and what it resulted in was she had more power in her strikes plus she was physically
stronger do to only cutting 20 lbs instead of her usual 30 lbs she cuts to get to Bantamweight.

Finally watched the main and co-main of this one. Glad Ducote won. I think she's pretty legit, just needs to fight with a bit more urgency sometimes. In this bout, she definitely made some adjustments when Lima won the first round. Hopefully she strings a few together now.

Zappitelli vs. VanZandt was good. VanZandt is an entertaining fighter and kept things close against a ranked opponent. Zap's wrestling is a big problem for most of the division. She has a good shot and active top pressure.

Back