Invicta FC 39 Frey vs Cummins II

null

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
PsIL2on.jpg

Sportnation have odds on 6 fights. Euro book I've used them for a long time with no issues.

Frey -285
Cummings +190

Gonzalez +100
Maverick -140

Young -260
Torquato +175

Zappitella -390
D'Angelo +245

Blanchfield -125
Leonardo -115

DeCoursey +100
Mihalec -140

Invicta FC 39 Official Weigh-in results

Atomweight Title: Jinh Yu Frey (105.8)* vs. Ashley Cummins (104.5)
Flyweight: Pearl Gonzalez (124.7) vs. Miranda Maverick (125.1)
Flyweight: Shanna Young (N/A)# vs. Daiana Torquato (125.1)
Atomweight: Alesha Zappitella (105.5) vs. Kelly D’Angelo (105.8)
Flyweight: Erin Blanchfield (125.1) vs. Victoria Leonardo (124.6)
Atomweight: Jillian DeCoursey (105.7) vs. Linda Mihalec (105.2)
Bantamweight: Tina Pettigrew (135.3) vs. Monica Franco (134.8)

* – Frey missed the championship limit of 105 pounds and vacated her title. She was fined 25 percent of her fight purse. Only Cummins will be eligible to win the title.

# – Young fell ill during fight week and was deemed medically unfit to compete. Torquato was paid her show purse.

Invicta FC 39 Ceremonial Weigh-in:

These Invicta cards just get more and more awful. Frey missing weight and the World's Shittiest Mom Shanna Young pulling out is just the cherry on top of the shit sundae.

These Invicta cards just get more and more awful. Frey missing weight and the World's Shittiest Mom Shanna Young pulling out is just the cherry on top of the shit sundae.
It's a shame Jinh missed weight by so little and got stripped in advance of this title fight. At least the belt is on the line for Ashley still, which is fair. Shanna Young pulling out only leaves them with six fights. But I'm not as negative about it as you sound even though it's less of a card than it should have been. I look at the card like a little appetizer before the UFC PPV on Saturday so I'll just enjoy whatever fights we get. I'm more annoyed that the major oddsmakers are ignoring Invicta than the fact that their cards sometimes end up with a few weight misses and cancelled bouts. I give Shannon Knapp a bit of a pass for mistakes since I enjoy the Phoenix Series tournament cards like the next one coming up on March 6th featuring bantamweights.

I give Shannon Knapp a bit of a pass for mistakes since I enjoy the Phoenix Series tournament cards like the next one coming up on March 6th featuring bantamweights.

I don't think Shannon Knapp is learning from her mistakes. For any aspect of Invicta's talent, matchmaking, presentation, commentary, etc.

I don't think Shannon Knapp is learning from her mistakes. For any aspect of Invicta's talent, matchmaking, presentation, commentary, etc.
I'm sure it's a relaltively low budget operation, so I think they do okay with what they have. The matchmaking often starts out well, it's just there are so many weight misses and cancelled fights that the cards end up being a couple of fights short of what they could have been. The two previous Phoenix Series cards came off pretty smoothly at least, and those one night tournaments are the ones that have the most risk of going haywire. The presentation is pretty minimal on Fight Pass, usually one fight after another with a quick video package or UFC promo in between, which I consider a good thing. The commentary team, well I think you'd have a hard time convincing Shannon to fire her friends TJ DeSantis & Julie Kedzie, especially since they'd need to replace them with two other people at who knows what price. Jimmy Smith and Laura Sanko are okay as the team on the Phoenix Series cards. I generally keep my expectations low and I'm not disappointed. I don't see the utility in imagining a fantasy world where Invicta FC has tons of money and could turn the operation into a female version of the UFC with all the cost and production values that would entail.

I'm sure it's a relaltively low budget operation, so I think they do okay with what they have. The matchmaking often starts out well, it's just there are so many weight misses and cancelled fights that the cards end up being a couple of fights short of what they could have been. The two previous Phoenix Series cards came off pretty smoothly at least, and those one night tournaments are the ones that have the most risk of going haywire. The presentation is pretty minimal on Fight Pass, usually one fight after another with a quick video package or UFC promo in between, which I consider a good thing. The commentary team, well I think you'd have a hard time convincing Shannon to fire her friends TJ DeSantis & Julie Kedzie, especially since they'd need to replace them with two other people at who knows what price. Jimmy Smith and Laura Sanko are okay as the team on the Phoenix Series cards. I generally keep my expectations low and I'm not disappointed. I don't see the utility in imagining a fantasy world where Invicta FC has tons of money and could turn the operation into a female version of the UFC with all the cost and production values that would entail.

Is Invicta paying you? Even the biggest WMMA and Invicta fans admit there are a slew of problems with Invicta that have zero to do with their budget.

(Nevermind that thanks to the UFC subsidizing them, they actually have a larger budget than many other smaller promotions)

Take the commentary team, for instance. DeSantis and Kedzie are both awful, embarrassing, and in Kedzie's case, woefully unprofessional both in and outside of MMA.

Yet, as you admit, Knapp keeps them on because they're her friends. This is how an idiot runs a business.

Meanwhile, you have a decent, universally liked play-by-play commentator in Sanko and one of the very best color guys in all of MMA, exceeding anyone currently calling UFC cards in Jimmy Smith, who they both use sparingly in commentary roles.

It's absolute clown shoes on every level.

With their talent drying up more and more, even as Invicta tries to be a feeder organization for the UFC, it might only be a matter of time before the UFC pulls the plug.

Is Invicta paying you? Even the biggest WMMA and Invicta fans admit there are a slew of problems with Invicta that have zero to do with their budget.

(Nevermind that thanks to the UFC subsidizing them, they actually have a larger budget than many other smaller promotions)

Take the commentary team, for instance. DeSantis and Kedzie are both awful, embarrassing, and in Kedzie's case, woefully unprofessional both in and outside of MMA.

Yet, as you admit, Knapp keeps them on because they're her friends. This is how an idiot runs a business.

Meanwhile, you have a decent, universally liked play-by-play commentator in Sanko and one of the very best color guys in all of MMA, exceeding anyone currently calling UFC cards in Jimmy Smith, who they both use sparingly in commentary roles.

It's absolute clown shoes on every level.

With their talent drying up more and more, even as Invicta tries to be a feeder organization for the UFC, it might only be a matter of time before the UFC pulls the plug.
I'm sure I read somewhere in the last couple of years that Invicta FC is consistently one of the most watched non-UFC promotions on Fight Pass, along with Glory Kickboxing. So I doubt the plug is getting pulled any time soon. The Phoenix Series gave them a nice boost as well. I agree that Laura Sanko & Jimmy Smith are good and I like seeing them used more. It's really Laura's first serious gig as play by play or any type of commentator.

Invicta FC 39 Risk $212.50

Pearl Gonzalez (+100) vs Miranda Maverick $50.00 for $50.00
Pearl Gonzalez (-105) vs Miranda Maverick $52.50 for $50.00
Pearl Gonzalez (-110) vs Miranda Maverick $55.00 for $50.00
Pearl Gonzalez (-110) vs Miranda Maverick $55.00 for $50.00

I love Invicta!

Holding my breath for a ladies HW division which would be awesome!!!

Back