Intra-Workout Drinks?

karnifx

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Hello all, I just wanted to see if anyone had any well rounded suggestions on intra-workout drinks besides Gatorade and Powerade because they do nothing for me besides give me cramps and not the amino-x or supplement blends either. Any natural alternatives high in carbs/electrolytes/calories/vitamins ???

:icon_idea

eat a banana pre workout & add filtered H2O

Fresh orange/apple/mixed fruit + a dash of salt (water/sugar/sodium). Or just pure water.

Any of those commercial Powerade style drinks are just total shite full of chemicals sold to gullable people via clever wording.

lyotopiss2.jpeg

Tryed gatorade a few time never had any problem whatsoever with it, try another isotonic preparation or do like me and carry some gel on you while training , for cramps i would recommand AC + gel acido basic gel , try a small amount of bicarbonate water/stick and eat a fresh banana 1 hour before some serious fractioned training session.

Tryed gatorade a few time never had any problem whatsoever with it, try another isotonic preparation or do like me and carry some gel on you while training , for cramps i would recommand AC + gel acido basic gel , try a small amount of bicarbonate water/stick and eat a fresh banana 1 hour before some serious fractioned training session.
Thanks I'll look into the Gel ideas.

Am making some Horchata tonight.
http://allrecipes.com/recipe/lolas-horchata/

I go for a smoothie made from alkalised water, activated almonds, and homemade coconut.

Water works for everything short of a marathon during the summer.

If it's an electrolyte problem, a user here had the wonderful suggestions of Mortson's lite salt (half sodium, half potassium) stirred in water with Hawaiin punch flavor packet added to make it not taste like the ocean. Go do sugar free or give your body some super simple carbs then. Whatever floats your boat.

Fresh orange/apple/mixed fruit + a dash of salt (water/sugar/sodium). Or just pure water.

This, forever and ever. Although if its days at the boxing gym I'll add a bit more than just a dash of salt lol. I always dilute the mixture with water also, probably at a 1:1 ratio of juice to water.

Hello all, I just wanted to see if anyone had any well rounded suggestions on intra-workout drinks besides Gatorade and Powerade because they do nothing for me besides give me cramps and not the amino-x or supplement blends either. Any natural alternatives high in carbs/electrolytes/calories/vitamins ???

:icon_idea

amino acids are natural r tard, seriously doing your self a disservice by crossing off the best remedy for bull shit reasons

amino acids are natural r tard, seriously doing your self a disservice by crossing off the best remedy for bull shit reasons
I'm not crossing off natural aminos, I'm not crossing off synthetic aminos. You must not understand what's going on here which is why you felt the need to call me an r tard.

Projecting your own ignorance onto others isn't making you look more intelligent or knowledgeable (which in point of fact are two very different things)

Back