Interview with the Mauler by a Swedish newspaper Tuesday, September 17 (cliffs)

Son of Jamin

Make MMA Great Again
@Silver
Reaction score
It was a pretty generic interview and nothing new was really revealed but it might be of some interest.

...Here are some cliffs from the interview with Alexander Gustafsson (published today, September 17th):

http://www.expressen.se/sport/jag-gar-igenom-ett-helvete-for-matchen/ <-- The link

* Will drop circa 18 pounds before the fight (beginning a couple of weeks prior to the bout), eating fish and chicken (no red meat). He wants to lose weight in a more healthy way.

* Two to three sparring sessions a day.

* He said that Jones is the best pound for pound.

* Says it's tough being away from family, girlfriend and friends but he has to train in America (San Diego) since there are much better partners to train with there.

* Going through hell for this fight.

* Says their frames are rather similiar but that he is a boxer and that Jones is a wrestler.

* It will be tough to neutralize Jones' tactics since he is so unpredictable.

* That he is confident that he will win.

Confirmed height of 196 cm or 6'4,3''.

Good to see some exposure in a big newspaper.

Confirmed height of 196 cm or 6'4,3''.

Good to see some exposure in a big newspaper.
I agree, it's very refreshing to see mma being picked up more and more by mainstream media in Sweden!

If Gus was to win, it would be truly great pr for mma here.

* Will change nickname to "Mauled" after Saturday.

Why do some people feel the need to be douchebags? Here we have a thread happy about this young guy's huge success in MMA, and you for some reason feel the need to come in and be a douchebag? Why?

It's MMA, if you talk in absolutes you have to be pretty damn dumb.

Gus should prepare for,I asked him over twitter if he trained with Werdum,the man with the best guard in mma,but he did not answer me.
At this time of his carreer,I don't think Jon is unpredictable .His major moves are as follows:
The spinning back fist,the standing elbows,the oblique kick to the knees,occasional flying knees and the most dangerous of all his arsenal is the elbows from mount.If Gus can negate the latter,his chances of winning will grow exponentially and especially if he can capitalize on the slightest mistake Jones might make because he makes very few.
Setting camp in the US was a good start for Alex,simply because of the availibility of quality wrestlers and other mma fighters.

Why do some people feel the need to be douchebags? Here we have a thread happy about this young guy's huge success in MMA, and you for some reason feel the need to come in and be a douchebag? Why?

It's MMA, if you talk in absolutes you have to be pretty damn dumb.

It's Sherdog. Half the posters here talk in absolutes. It just feels a little better when they're wrong this way.

Back