International/Olympic wrestling discussion.

Wow. Not bad. Any idea who he beat?
Yeah, he beat Ovezmyradov of Turkmenistan, Alikhmaev of Russia and Mongolia's Zanabud. Not big names, but all from countries that at least know how to wrestle. Good result regardless.

Yeah, he beat Ovezmyradov of Turkmenistan, Alikhmaev of Russia and Mongolia's Zanabud. Not big names, but all from countries that at least know how to wrestle. Good result regardless.

Hey Artem, I have a question for you regarding Russian wrestling.
Yianna Diakomihalis, who is quite friendly with some Russian wrestlers was in Russia a few years back and came back wearing a Besik Kudukhov shirt. He was telling us that he believes that Kudukhov’s death was no accident and that many Russian wrestlers believe he was killed by the government. Is there any merit to this?

Hey Artem, I have a question for you regarding Russian wrestling.
Yianna Diakomihalis, who is quite friendly with some Russian wrestlers was in Russia a few years back and came back wearing a Besik Kudukhov shirt. He was telling us that he believes that Kudukhov’s death was no accident and that many Russian wrestlers believe he was killed by the government. Is there any merit to this?
There hasn't really been any weight behind this other than word of mouth. Still an interesting theory, but it is Russia.. it is difficult to tell sometimes whether something was planned, or an accident.

Why are there so few countries participating this year? COVID obviously? But why some and not some other?

Why are there so few countries participating this year? COVID obviously? But why some and not some other?
Depends on how seriously they take the virus. Simplest answer.

The amount of squawking behind each viewpoint depends on relative IQ. And has a strong correlation to whether or not someone peaked in grade school.

*psst. Anyone who overreacts or derails the thread. Learn to recognize humor. If it hits home.. well, maybe you should chill

edit: grammar

Euro Jrs on right now
<20>
Euro Cadets was 2 weeks ago.

generally I find these competitions a highlight for the wider range of competitors before the 'usual suspects' take over at the sr level. & other continental championships are overwhelmingly dominated by just a couple of countries with the others miles behind.

@Grappler111 one of your grils managed to win a medal
201645477_4109654485756523_1377639640544672650_n.jpg

and some kid going by the name of 'Fadzaev' crushed it with his leg lace...

A recent video about beach wrestling.

And the full video of Sardinia tournament :

Last edited:
Ah ah. Jack, are you jealous?
Why would I be jealous? The American Women’s teams seem to be doing quite nicely. It has 4-6 medals projected. Hell.. It isn’t even sanctioned in most of our country yet. The powerhouse areas are only just now taking it seriously too.

Additionally, women’s wrestling is still in the stage of development that allows someone to become competitive much faster than in men’s. Due to lack of depth. If the actual Italian coaches are doing what they’re supposed to.. that should be where you’re first having success with actual products of your own development system.

That’s not a slight on her. She did well. I’m simply stating facts as they are

Besides, the Italian women’s team is responsible for your country’s freestyle success.. without them you never get Chamizo. ;)

Euro Jrs on right now
<20>
Euro Cadets was 2 weeks ago.

generally I find these competitions a highlight for the wider range of competitors before the 'usual suspects' take over at the sr level. & other continental championships are overwhelmingly dominated by just a couple of countries with the others miles behind.

@Grappler111 one of your grils managed to win a medal
201645477_4109654485756523_1377639640544672650_n.jpg

and some kid going by the name of 'Fadzaev' crushed it with his leg lace...

Alik Fadzaev (posted above in your message) is Arsen Fadsaev's nephew

I'm pulling for Sushil Kumar to take home the gold this time. He's got a bronze and a silver, as well as a world championship to his name. India, for whatever reason, chose not to go with him last Olympics, so that's an additional 4 years lost on his career, but it'd be an amazing story if he was able to take it home this time and give India their first Olympic title in a sport they arguably invented.

Just saw Sushil Kumar got arrested on a murder charge, crazy.

Why would I be jealous? The American Women’s teams seem to be doing quite nicely. It has 4-6 medals projected. Hell.. It isn’t even sanctioned in most of our country yet. The powerhouse areas are only just now taking it seriously too.

Additionally, women’s wrestling is still in the stage of development that allows someone to become competitive much faster than in men’s. Due to lack of depth. If the actual Italian coaches are doing what they’re supposed to.. that should be where you’re first having success with actual products of your own development system.

That’s not a slight on her. She did well. I’m simply stating facts as they are

Besides, the Italian women’s team is responsible for your country’s freestyle success.. without them you never get Chamizo. ;)

We have also a beach wrestling world champion.

We have also a beach wrestling world champion.
Not gonna lie dude. I don’t really care about beach wrestling.

I’m willing to be the participation level is higher in your country than US for beach wrestling too. Hell, it’s behind judo, bjj, as well here.

In the US it’s something done as a novelty the day before a real tournament in folkstyle freestyle or Greco. Or as a summer change up for cadet/junior aged school teams when they do summer vacation team building and camps….

Not gonna lie dude. I don’t really care about beach wrestling.

I’m willing to be the participation level is higher in your country than US for beach wrestling too. Hell, it’s behind judo, bjj, as well here.

In the US it’s something done as a novelty the day before a real tournament in folkstyle freestyle or Greco. Or as a summer change up for cadet/junior aged school teams when they do summer vacation team building and camps….

I like very much the style on the sand. You can train in a different surface and higher posture. It is a very good training experience for a wrestler.

I like very much the style on the sand. You can train in a different surface and higher posture. It is a very good training experience for a wrestler.
That’s fine. It’s still a novelty style

Yeah, I saw that. I guess the police took a selfie with him when he turned himself in. I really hope he's innocent somehow. He was one of my favorite contemporary wrestlers.
No one I know who knows anything about him as a person is surprised

Grappling is a recognised international wrestling style so : Russian Grappling championship live

Last edited:
Back