International FREESTYLE/ GRECO ROMAN wrestlers in the UFC past and present

Nope...americain folkstyle wrestlers who competed in International wrestling

All American wrestlers start with folkstyle and switch to INTERNATIONAL after college
What about Henry Cejudo? trained freestyle exclusively, didn't compete in college you moron

What about Henry Cejudo? trained freestyle exclusively, didn't compete in college you moron
pico also focused on free and didn't compete in college. he's been a disappointment in mma though because he DID have exposure to the evil FOLK.

his last fight he got knocked out by a guy from hungary. guess what they DON'T do in hungary???? that's right.....folk. boom.... @-guerilla- bless.....

Yeah he's a great example of someone with an extremely unique background as an American born athlete who has exclusively trained Freestyle Wrestling and clearly dominant with his Freestyle Wrestling in MMA

His only ko loss coming by knees (because knees kill wrestlers)
and dominates his folk style opponents in all aspects of grappling

thanks for the support

#moron

There's literally one champion here, and Khabib has next to zero freestyle accomplishments.

Did you even watch the Romero-Brunson fight? Romero was taken down and outwrestled for the majority of it and won by striking.

Meanwhile, there have been dozens of folk style wrestling UFC champions. Quit being stupid.

did you ever wonder that the majority of wrestlers in UFC being folk style has something to do with the tiny amount of freestyle wrestlers in the UFC?

Do a freestyle folk style head to head and tell me who won the majority of the matches in the UFC

I'll be waiting

pico also focused on free and didn't compete in college. he's been a disappointment in mma though because he DID have exposure to the evil FOLK.

his last fight he got knocked out by a guy from hungary. guess what they DON'T do in hungary???? that's right.....folk. boom.... @-guerilla- bless.....

I think he's doing just fine for a guy in his first two years of pro MMA

give him some time and you'll see his Freestyle Wrestling start to take more effect as it is heavily contaminated with obsolete folk Style and remember American freestyle wrestlers are trained by other American freestyle wrestlers who converted from folk as well

they all suffer the same devastating folk style contamination in there freestyle grappling

The biggest offender by far is the locked hands rule, if we got rid of locked hands. Folk style athletes would be much more effective in MMA

Why couldn't Derek use his Superior folk style ground game to hold yoel Romero down?

You boys keep lecturing me about how good folk style athletes can hold people down, hmmm

I think he's doing just fine for a guy in his first two years of pro MMA

give him some time and you'll see his Freestyle Wrestling start to take more effect as it is heavily contaminated with obsolete folk Style and remember American freestyle wrestlers are trained by other American freestyle wrestlers who converted from folk as well

they all suffer the same devastating folk style contamination in there freestyle grappling

The biggest offender by far is the locked hands rule, if we got rid of locked hands. Folk style athletes would be much more effective in MMA
It really is a testament to the American athlete that they’ve had so much success in both mma and freestyle wrestling that they are able to overcome the devastating impact of being exposed to folk wresting. To overcome such a disadvantage and still have success is remarkable. Imagine being successful in mma after being so disadvantaged by focusing on folk wrestling for much of your life? It’s like growing up playing basketball and then becoming a champion soccer player who can’t use their hands.

Why couldn't Derek use his Superior folk style ground game to hold yoel Romero down?

You boys keep lecturing me about how good folk style athletes can hold people down, hmmm

Why couldn’t Romero use his superior freestyle wrestling to prevent the takedown to begin with?

(See how stupid this is?)

Yeah he's a great example of someone with an extremely unique background as an American born athlete who has exclusively trained Freestyle Wrestling and clearly dominant with his Freestyle Wrestling in MMA

His only ko loss coming by knees (because knees kill wrestlers)
and dominates his folk style opponents in all aspects of grappling

thanks for the support

#moron
Remember when he took dj down a couple times in their second fight, and literally couldn't even manage 3 seconds of ground control? Folk>Freestyle for anyone with a brain

Why couldn’t Romero use his superior freestyle wrestling to prevent the takedown to begin with?

(See how stupid this is?)

It certainly is

(Stupid)

I still enjoy your posts

Intentional Freestyle/Greco wrestlers that have competed in the UFC

(Not American folkstyle athletes that competed in International wrestling)

(Not necessarily "pedigreed" medalists in the sport of wrestling but athletes that have only been exposed to freestyle or greco roman exclusively and NOT American folkstyle converts)

This thread is looking for athletes that USE freestyle or greco exclusively in their training

Russian bloc:
Khabib
Filipović
Rustam Khabilov
Alexey Oleinik
Volkov
Zabit
Matyushenko
Tarktarov
Zinoviev
Arlovski
Movsar Evloev
Andrei Semenov
Ali Bagautinov
Mairbek ‘Beckan’ Taisumov

Cuba:
Romero

Iran:
Reza Nasri

Americas:
*Cejudo
(USA trained in freestyle exclusively in parental immigration circumstances)

Add names to this list...

To qualify these athletes should have exclusively wrestled international freestyle or greco styles in training/competition and have been admitted to the UFC in the past 26 years

I am not the only one who has noticed the trend and or predicted this future:

https://www.sportskeeda.com/mma/5-best-russian-ufc-fighters

"Russian MMA fighters have also dominated the world of MMA since the inception of the sport. However, isn’t it strange that UFC got their first Russian Champion in 2018 in Khabib Nurmagomedov?"

"Nonetheless, UFC has had some notable talents from Russia over the years and even in the current setup, have exciting prospects from the Motherland who could be a part of the Russian wave that’s expected to take over the biggest MMA promotion in the near future"

Last edited:
Langishing thousands
<LatsRickStory>

Cute cartoon

However

This thread is geared towards people with a few decades of wrestling experience

You should go play on another thread

#cartoon kids

Ps ...that was thousands and thousands and thousands

As in i probably spent around 30/50 k of my own money supporting the sport of folkstyle wrestling

Maybee you can get ur mom to donate 20$ to USA wrestling

(Bet u still make rent)

Cute cartoon

However

This thread is geared towards people with a few decades of wrestling experience

You should go play on another thread

#cartoon kids

Ps ...that was thousands and thousands and thousands

As in i probably spent around 30/50 k of my own money supporting the sport of folkstyle wrestling

Maybee you can get ur mom to donate 20$ to USA wrestling

(Bet u still make rent)

Languishing

Thousands

and

Thousands

That's not a cartoon.

Talk about casual languishing thousands, and thousands

Thousands and thousands and thousands of dollars

More than you spent in strippmall bjj

Thats a cute little cartoon

Adorable

#cartoon dis swing and a miss
download (3).jpeg

Cejudo trained in both Folk and free.

He was a 4 time state champion in high school.

This thread is so stupid... if you wrestled folk style then competed in freestyle... how are you not a freestyle wrestler... lol...

Cejudo trained in both Folk and free.

He was a 4 time state champion in high school.

I think he has a unique background as he was exposed to freestyle and folk at the same time...thats unheard of for an American wrestler

Back