Interesting stat on Nik Lentz

BEATDOWNS

Power Slap OG
@plutonium
Reaction score
22 fights in his UFC career only been on a main card 2 times.

14-6-1-1 UFC record

9 wins by decision

So i guess the question is how has he survived so long? The UFC clearly keeps him on the prelims for a reason, very strange. imo

Lower right class with tons of dangerous guys, hasn't really beaten anyone top 15. Also I think he had some beef with Dana.

he's like the definition of gatekeeper to me.

he beats anyone who is slipping or isn't that good who is coming up, but he loses to anyone who might be able to make it on the next level.

Nik is #5 all time in takedowns with 61
(UFC only)

1. GSP - 90
2. Tibau - 87
3. MM - 74
4. Edgar - 67
5. Lentz - 61
6. Guida / Maia - 60

He's a LW Jon Fitch
(well Fitch was a better fighter, but anyway)

Last edited:
He was also known as a grinder earlier in his career, so his fights weren't the most exciting. He really switched it up around the time when he fought Oliveira and Dunham, which made it much easier to keep him on the roster after a couple of losses. Everybody bitched and moaned about Jon Fitch at the time, so it probably helped his career in the long run, even though he might have had an even better record if he played it more safe. :)

Last edited:
he's like the definition of gatekeeper to me.

he beats anyone who is slipping or isn't that good who is coming up, but he loses to anyone who might be able to make it on the next level.

LOL, sounds like Charles Oliveira.

I think Dan Lambert has an exceptional relationship with the UFC is all.

It was a NC. I think Oliveira hit him with an illegal knee IIRC.
https://web.archive.org/web/2011070...s-oliveira-vs-lentz-declared-a-no-contest.mma

After a review of the fight, the Pennsylvania State Athletic Commission has overturned Charles Oliveira's heavily panned UFC on Versus 4 victory over Nik Lentz and declared it a no-contest.

PSAC executive director Gregory Sirb today confirmed the change with MMAjunkie.com(www.mmajunkie.com).

Oliveira was credited with a submission victory, but it was aided by a clearly illegal knee to a downed opponent that referee Chip Snider either missed or ignored.

The fight was part of the preliminary card of UFC on Versus 4, which took place June 26 at Pittsburgh's CONSOL Energy Center. The prelims streamed live on Facebook.

"After review of the tape of this contest and after consultation with the referee, the Pennsylvania State Athletic Commission has ruled that the results of this match will be changed to a no-contest," a statement read. "This change is a direct result from an accidental kick to the head by Mr. Oliveira to a grounded Mr. Lentz."

Oliveira (14-1 MMA, 2-1 UFC) and Lentz (21-3-2 MMA, 5-0-1) were part of a competitive bout. However, early in the second round, Oliveira blasted a kneeling Lentz with a knee to the face. The fighter's eye socket and cheek became badly swollen and bloodied from the blow (and resulted in a lengthy medical suspension), and Oliveira tapped out a dazed Lentz soon afterward with a rear-naked choke.

Officials immediately announced the fight would be reviewed. As it turned out, the PSAC needed just a few days to overturn the victory.

Lower right class with tons of dangerous guys, hasn't really beaten anyone top 15. Also I think he had some beef with Dana.
What beef, any sources?
I think Dan Lambert has an exceptional relationship with the UFC is all.

What does Lambert have to do with it is he his manager or something? Or are you comparing their styles?

What does Lambert have to do with it is he his manager or something? Or are you comparing their styles?

Im not sure who manages Nick but Mr. Lambert is the founder/owner of ATT Coconut Creek. He has a relationship with Dana (on a baller level) and with his large stable of fighter they seem to have steady employment.

Charles beats his ass this time around, that dude is looking sharp and dangerous as ever right now.

Im not sure who manages Nick but Mr. Lambert is the founder/owner of ATT Coconut Creek. He has a relationship with Dana (on a baller level) and with his large stable of fighter they seem to have steady employment.

Charles beats his ass this time around, that dude is looking sharp and dangerous as ever right now.

Thanks for the clarification..

Yeah i don't see Nik winning that one is it another prelim fight? :)

22 fights in his UFC career only been on a main card 2 times.

14-6-1-1 UFC record

9 wins by decision

So i guess the question is how has he survived so long? The UFC clearly keeps him on the prelims for a reason, very strange. imo
14 WINS IS HOW HE SURVIVED.

Maybe he is a good employee. Willing to work, competent etc.

Back