Interesting Silva vs Bisping breakdown by LT

Ivanhoe

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
Some Sherdoggers don't like Luke, but I do. If you don't know who he is giving this video a change and watch it, ignore the haters that are bound to jump on this thread. Luke addresses many interesting points that Sherdoggers have made tons of threads about.

Luke is a fine man in my book. I'll watch his breakdown later, thanks ts

Luke!
You can't score a round or a fight using that Keller (sp) concept. Damage could have been created by one or two good strikes.
This does not negate all of the opponent's significant strikes.

Luke!
You can't score a round or a fight using that Keller (sp) concept. Damage could have been created by one or two good strikes.
This does not negate all of the opponent's significant strikes.

You absolutely can, to an extent. Damage is meant to be a judging criteria, otherwise score fights would simply be a matter of counting strikes landed. People get too invested in things like FightMetric for scoring fights.

That being said, I scored the 4th round for Bisping.

If Pride judging was used to judge the fight then maybe it could go to Silva, I like how Joe Lauzon described it, Says you cant take 90% of the fight off and expect to win a decision.

Damn, I clicked this thread thinking Lawrence Taylor was an MMA fan and was watching the fight and breaking it down.

What I take away from what LT says is that the current scoring system is flawed but there is no obvious or good ways to fix it.

If Pride judging was used to judge the fight then maybe it could go to Silva, I like how Joe Lauzon described it, Says you cant take 90% of the fight off and expect to win a decision.
Pride judging? You mean "this guy is my favorite so he won no matter what happened in the cage"? Yeah, that was a great way to score things.

I'd rather watch a breakdown of the real LT's fight with Bam Bam Bigelow than listen to that douche Luke Thomas

Silva showed very low fight IQ, how can somebody be a shot fighter if they could easily win if they didn't fool around as much? He's obviously passed his prime, but he isn't a shot fighter.

Open score cards would make sense.

I had it Bisping 48-47, no doubt.

L Thomas IS obnoxious, yes.

But if you listen to his words, he isnt dogmatic, he isnt pompous HERE, at all.

his points are valid.

Back