interesting on boxing boxers and what they lack

Not a bad article, but I think the problem with some fighters, is everybody is too nice. The hardly anybody willing to play the bad guy or just be a dick to create the buzz in fights. Outside of Floyd, there is Haye who talks a great game but won't take the fight just YET, and Khan who is doing a great job of bringinng buzz to the 140lb div.

Like he said some of the most skilled boxers don't create buzz cause they just win and not go balls out for the KO. But it been like that forever. That why Gatti was so popular.

Its an okay article. But there are plenty of hungry fighters. And there are good fights to talk about with inspiring performances. Martinez-Burns & Calderon-Segura. This supposed Boxing Writer could of watched those fights and feel inspired. But here is his problem. He'll rather talk negative about the sport because the mainstream media didnt talk about these fights than mention these fights and try to expose them to as many people as possible.

BTW, whoever hasnt seen those fights, you're missing out.

yes that chad dawson fight was awful

If you're a Chad Dawson fan. But I dont understand whats so lacking as far as not being "inspired". Pascal being a huge underdog and winning the fight infront of his home town when he was such a big underdog. All those fans seemed inspired to me. And pascal is better as far as entertainment than Dawson who's found a way to bore people.

The author is over exaggerating, a boring Dawson fight? no shit.

But I do think that there are a lot of overly defensive and cautious fighters being produced by the current American amateur system.

If you're a Chad Dawson fan. But I dont understand whats so lacking as far as not being "inspired". Pascal being a huge underdog and winning the fight infront of his home town when he was such a big underdog. All those fans seemed inspired to me. And pascal is better as far as entertainment than Dawson who's found a way to bore people.

im not a dawson fan but hes clearly the better fighter and got outwilled by pascal. it was pretty pathetic to watch. the whole time i was thinking 'if you would just buck up and fight, you can woop this guy.' but he wouldnt and the hungrier pascal got the victory.

im not a dawson fan but hes clearly the better fighter and got outwilled by pascal. it was pretty pathetic to watch. the whole time i was thinking 'if you would just buck up and fight, you can woop this guy.' but he wouldnt and the hungrier pascal got the victory.

Honestly, we dont know that. There are skills then there are applied skills. Dawson looked good against old guys like Johnson and Tarver. He never faught a young lion. he was getting outboxed and beat up the whole fight. Somebody was just as fast as him now and they pulled a can of whoopass on his ass.

It's not as simple as you may think.

First Boxing fans complain about already knowing outocmes to fights. Then they complain when a huge upset is pulled off. Look at the fight... strategy played a big part.

Let me just correct my self by saying that Dawsons best victory thus far was against the Polish guy, Adamek. A fight where he was caught and dropped when he gave Adamek the opportunity but I think Adamek was having hard time making the weight to be honest.

Honestly, we dont know that. There are skills then there are applied skills. Dawson looked good against old guys like Johnson and Tarver. He never faught a young lion. he was getting outboxed and beat up the whole fight. Somebody was just as fast as him now and they pulled a can of whoopass on his ass.

It's not as simple as you may think.

First Boxing fans complain about already knowing outocmes to fights. Then they complain when a huge upset is pulled off. Look at the fight... strategy played a big part.

im just saying he fought like a pussy when faced with adversity

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back