Interesting observation about GSP...

Prokofievian

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
He hasnt been training at Greg Jackson's since before UFC 79. I emailed his website and they actually told me that he's training MMA at Tristar with Firas Zahabi.

It's really cool that he's getting to train at this level in his home town instead of going to new york for muay thai, new mexico for mma etc etc, but who's he training with? Are all these guys like Daniel Zilberman and his boxing coach(current WBA supermiddle-weight champ...Joachim something or other, cant remember). Who's he training BJJ with, Bruno Fernandes, or with BTT again?

Has he permanently left Greg Jackson's?

Interesting thoughts for someone who's thinking about moving to montreal pretty quick here :p

isn't he training BJJ with Canidian Top Team? I heard that greg Jackson and a couple other guys went up for a while to help train him for this fight

isn't he training BJJ with Canidian Top Team? I heard that greg Jackson and a couple other guys went up for a while to help train him for this fight

It'd make sense really. He is training with canadian olympic wrestlers and BTT Canada does their submission grappling nights with the montreal wrestling club(based out of concordia), which has a lot of the national team training there, or at least so I've heard. But they didnt mention anything of it, nor is BTT mentioned on his website.

to me it never made sense for him to train with greg jackson. its not like he has the caliber of fighters gsp needs.

to me it never made sense for him to train with greg jackson. its not like he has the caliber of fighters gsp needs.

Well, Diego's good, he didnt exactly get...murdered by Marcelo in ADCC. But the moment GSP starts talking about rainstorms giving him special powers is the moment I reevaluate his standing in my favourite fighter list :p. But yeah I see what you mean about some of the other guys.

I use to see him at Tri Star train kickboxing with Victor Vargotsky.

There is a concentration of bad asses from all disciplines at tri star, that's for sure.

Well, Diego's good, he didnt exactly get...murdered by Marcelo in ADCC. But the moment GSP starts talking about rainstorms giving him special powers is the moment I reevaluate his standing in my favourite fighter list :p. But yeah I see what you mean about some of the other guys.

Diego's long gone from Greg Jackson ain't he? Rumours were that GSP was one of the reasons (he didn't want another conterder in WW training in his gym) and went to San Diego or something. Diego was it was to be closer to his son.

Back on thread, it was covered in UFC All Access that he's been training at Tristar

GSP doesn't have one camp, he constantly moves around but has a somewhat consistent set of partners (usually based on convenience if both fighters are preparing i.e. D. Kang) I thought this was fairly common knowledge.

This upcoming doc show him training at Greg Jacksons.
<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Y6khH9kRSH8&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Y6khH9kRSH8&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

That's a bit... stalker-tastic...

Yeah you're totally right, why would I want to know if one of the greatest fighters in UFC history is training at the gym that I plan to train at when I move to montreal in the next year. I'm such a stalker eh? Why would I ever want to know this information, other than to find him, and cut off his skin and wear it to my next birthday...that's coming up.

:rolleyes:

Yeah you're totally right, why would I want to know if one of the greatest fighters in UFC history is training at the gym that I plan to train at when I move to montreal in the next year. I'm such a stalker eh? Why would I ever want to know this information, other than to find him, and cut off his skin and wear it to my next birthday...that's coming up.

:rolleyes:

eeeeeeaaasy, tiger... I'm just messin' around, man. Put the steroids down... :icon_chee

I am sure he is training like a mad man right now no matter who he is training with.

He hasnt been training at Greg Jackson's since before UFC 79. I emailed his website and they actually told me that he's training MMA at Tristar with Firas Zahabi.

It's really cool that he's getting to train at this level in his home town instead of going to new york for muay thai, new mexico for mma etc etc, but who's he training with? Are all these guys like Daniel Zilberman and his boxing coach(current WBA supermiddle-weight champ...Joachim something or other, cant remember). Who's he training BJJ with, Bruno Fernandes, or with BTT again?

Has he permanently left Greg Jackson's?

Interesting thoughts for someone who's thinking about moving to montreal pretty quick here :p

No he hasn't left jackon's. He was here about 3 weeks ago as the video above shows. He'll come down here for a few weeks, and greg and some of the fighters go up there for a few weeks. It works best for the both of them. In the video shot 3 weeks ago you hear gsp saying "greg is the number 1 mma coach in the world in my book."

I hope your joking, when you have the number 3 and 8 lhw's, number 4 mw not to mention all the other great fighters there to help him train. Plus greg is a master mind of mma. Wasn't he voted number 1 trainer on here by like 20% above the next guy.

Back