Interesting Jon Jones Factoid

phatron

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
I was going to bet big money on this fight going the distance, but I wussed out.

Here was my reasoning.

The last fighter still competing at LHW that Jones finished was 4 years and 6 fights ago....Rampage.

In his last 7 fights, Jones has 4 decisions against LHW's and his 3 finishes are guys that are now at middleweight.

If you're gonna say "oh they were LHW at the time"...true, but he still has 3 decisions in a row.

Will Jones take over GSP's reign as the decision master in title fights?

If he fights Rumble, a sub is a real possibility.

Surely you didn't think he was KOing DC? Something that HWs couldn't do.

Its tough to finish top contenders.

No...I still think GSP will still be the "decision master" because I am going to watch very closely how Rumble fights Gus (I personally feel that Gus is going to lose very easily in a JBJ rematch..don't know why...just think it will be) and if Rumble plows through Gus...I am going to put 50 on him dethroning the new LHW GOAT just for shit and giggles.

Surely you didn't think he was KOing DC? Something that HWs couldn't do.

ko...no.

tko...possibly.

submission....possibly. I don't recall ever seeing DC testing in this area, and given Jones' frame he can work many submissions that guys with short arms and legs simply cant pull off.

But in the end, Jones did make him cry just like cummins.

Gus, Glover, and Cormier have been finished 2 times between them.

Jones haters are reduced to complaining about dominant decision wins over very good competition.

Gus, Glover, and Cormier have been finished 2 times between them.

And Glover got dominated thoroughly. Gus was his toughest test yet and Cormier has never lost in MMA until now. I'd say Jones has faced a who's who of the toughest competition in the UFC and has looked absolutely outstanding against everyone except Gus. I'll always watch him and Pettis, they both do shit no one else does and I love their styles.

Jones haters are reduced to complaining about dominant decision wins over very good competition.

Why does stating a fact make someone a hater?

I love watching Jones fight and dominate his competition.

I see a possible finishes in his future fights against Rumble and Gus.

Fucking true. Next they'll be complaining that he didn't win every round in his decisions.

lol Gus was a dominant DEC??

GUS was Jones only competitive fight, because theyre both the same height and reach.

SURPRISE SURPRISE

Back