Interesting find - Cole Miller vs Manny Gamburyan

Negative Zero

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
Just rewatched this to catch up on Cole Miller's fights and right at the end of round one, Cole lands two trademark Travis Browne elbows to the side of the head and Manny drops down hurt, holding his head as if Cole broke the rules.

There's a bunch of confusion, replays are shown and you can see he didn't break the rules and after a full extra minute in between rounds they resume the fight.

If Lavigne was more familiar with this technique at that time and had been paying attention and saw the blows weren't to the back of the head then in all fairness he could have stopped the fight since no rule was broken and Manny was hurt and wasn't going to his stool.

Should have been TKO Rd. 1 5:00

Just thought that was interesting. Also, Manny is a tool. Like Tito, you know?

Just rewatched this to catch up on Cole Miller's fights and right at the end of round one, Cole lands two trademark Travis Browne elbows to the side of the head and Manny drops down hurt, holding his head as if Cole broke the rules.

There's a bunch of confusion, replays are shown and you can see he didn't break the rules and after a full extra minute in between rounds they resume the fight.

If Lavigne was more familiar with this technique at that time and had been paying attention and saw the blows weren't to the back of the head then in all fairness he could have stopped the fight since no rule was broken and Manny was hurt and wasn't going to his stool.

Should have been TKO Rd. 1 5:00

Just thought that was interesting. Also, Manny is a tool. Like Tito, you know?

I remember this and agree. Should have been tko round 1.

Yeah Cole got screwed should have won by TKO.

Even if it wasn't a TKO you can still make a good case for him winning a decision.

I dislike Cole Miller and wanted Manny to win but that was BS. Miller should have won by TKO. Sucks Manny took the low road for that victory.

Also I think Cole might have won that decision anyways. I dont recall much though.

I remember that. Cole's dad called in to Beatdown After The Bell and was talking about it.

Back