Interest in 165 prelims

Senbonzakura

Sakuraba- PrideFC Never Die!
@Brown
Reaction score
What's up sherdoggers

I was taking a look at the prelims for this weekend and almost all of them just on paper seem to be good fights. I wouldn't say there is a clear cut favorite in any of these fights with maybe the exception of Thompson/Clements. But even then I hope Clements will stand with Thompson and provide a good war. There is also menjivar/Reis and Gagon/Kimura, hoping for some sweet transitions in these 2 fights and rounding out the prelims jury/ricci that should be a all around great scrap seeing as jury can dictate the fight. All in all I give the prelims a 7.5/10 not amazing matchups but good striker/grappler or grappler/grappler fights. Either way should be an awesome night of fights my friends. Cheers!

Yeah, really good matchups all through the card. Kind of wish I had tickets...it's in my home city and a day after mine and the day of a friend's birthdays.

433526.png

Kimura by kimura and I'll be happy.

*edit
I forgot that I picked Healy over Khabib. Might not go down like that, due to Khabib's training in the US.

Yeah, really good matchups all through the card. Kind of wish I had tickets...it's in my home city and a day after mine and the day of a friend's birthdays.

433526.png

Kimura by kimura and I'll be happy.

*edit
I forgot that I picked Healy over Khabib. Might not go down like that, due to Khabib's training in the US.
That's a letdown man, and we have 2 title fights on the same card. It's been a while since we've seen that.

I like your picks man very solid. I have Wineland with the upset everything else is the same for me

Since the card was finalized, I was surprised to see that two championship fights were on the card but then I saw the rest of the fights and it was clear that the UFC brass for taking into account the void in PPV quality headliners in case of injuries. That is why you have two championship fights.

Since the card was finalized, I was surprised to see that two championship fights were on the card but then I saw the rest of the fights and it was clear that the UFC brass for taking into account the void in PPV quality headliners in case of injuries. That is why you have two championship fights.
I agree. Interesting fact as well, this card is showcasing the most undefeated up and coming fighters than of the following cards so far. Take that for what you want.

I'm especially excited to see Myles back in action, great to see The Body Snatcher in the UFC finally as well!

None of the prelim fights stuck out to me as "must see". In fact outside of Pat Healy, Barao and Jon Jones I don't have much interest in this card at all.

Of course this is just on paper, I'll still order and still be entertained regardless.

Back